HubSpot Ideas

cfleishman

Cloning a Deal

Need to be able to clone an individual deal. This is helpful for recurring revenue organizations and building MRR. Please! Smiley feliz

Update from @JoeMayallDue to a technical error on HubSpot’s end, this thread has an inflated upvote count. As of June 10th, 2020, we estimate this thread has around 500 upvotes. I'll continue to update this count as the thread receives upvotes."

559 Comentários
NHofer
Membro

How is this not a basic function? How much more feedback do you need before this is implemented? Very frustrating to say the least and all the more reason to move to Salesforce or another CRM.

ReganRoss
Colaborador(a)

Our controller was up until nearly 2:00am in the morning finishing the week's long work of manually duplicating ALL of our major subscription renewal deals in our Hubspot instance for 2023. Why? (1) Because creating a deal manually one-year in advance is not something sales reps typically do given how much work it is, and they post once closed. (2) Because she needs the pipeline information for forecasting. This would be a non-issue with cloning. She's a single mom and will be back at the grind this AM. Our team appreciates her effort, but it's so frustrating b/c virtually every other CRM comes with Deal Cloning.

With all due respect to the Hubspot team, this feature is more important to every sales team in the subscription renewal space than "team goals," "deal overlays," and especially, "color coding the deals board."

Sharing for Hubspot's consideration.

NLedwon
Membro

Shocked that after so many years Hubspot still refuses to fix this. I say "fix" because to me, this is basic CRM functionality. It's like if you created a new word processing system (like MS Word) that didn't support cut and paste.  Having used many sales CRM systems in my 20+ year long sales career, this is the first time I've ever seen a system that can't clone a deal. And yes, I understand how, given the database structure, it's not easy to implement. But I'm sorry, it's utterly unacceptable to not have it. 

MKohorst
Membro

THIS BASIC FUNCTIONALITY NEEDS TO BE ADDED.  WE HAVE A LOT OF REOCCURRING RENEWALS AND WASTE A LOT OF TIME WITHOUT THIS FUNCTIONALITY.

funinjerusalem
Membro
Me too! Takes me hours each season to recreate deals.
BFielding
Membro

Just to put it out there, we are creating/cloning deals using a workflow.  It isn't a perfect solution, but it sure helps, especially when you have recurring revenue type deals and there are over 100 of them!

lennygoh
Membro

@BFielding Would you be open to sharing the workflow structure you use?

DKlepp
Membro

I am interested in updates on this topic.  Thanks!

Status atualizado para: In Planning
kman
Equipe de Produto da HubSpot

Hi HubSpot Community great news! Our product team is prioritizing this feature and actively working on a solution. To help us better understand what exactly you'd like to clone (e.g. properties, associations, activities), could you please take this short survey? Thank you!

*Update: Survey link has been fixed, please let me know if you're still not able to access it.

SusanH
Membro

Hi, the link for the survey gives an error message that 'permission is needed' to access.  

finaDevin
Participante

Yes! That's great news! But I also am unable to use the survey link at this time.

P.S. I really hope that this functionality is going to include the ablity to clone other objects as well, such as Tickets.

SkeeStylus
Colaborador(a) | Parceiro

THANK YOU!!! The community has practically been begging!

Need permission for the survey. BTW

Evans4316
Colaborador(a)

@kman

Can you please fix the link so that we can access the survey? Otherwise, the people who really need to fill it out won't be able to access it.

Thanks!

NLedwon
Membro
I also can't access the survey. This couldn't be more timely. I literally
just reached out to another CRM system vendor specifically due the lack of
clone ability in Hubspot. Please prioritize this!!!!
kman
Equipe de Produto da HubSpot

Survey permissions have been updated! Please try here and let me know if you're encountering issues: https://forms.gle/7RRi8jUMTnLqP9M38

GOgris
Membro

Definitely needed.

DuPertuis
Participante | Parceiro Elite

Don't forget to build this for Custom Objects as well please!!!

Anastasiia_V
Membro

year 2017, top rated and still nothing 💪👌

BGuerin
Membro

Hello that would be great to have it a a native function 

Membro

how is HubSpot tracking this?

still not implemented, this is so basic 

some rules for adjusting data would be nice when recreating deals