HubSpot Ideas

cfleishman

Cloning a Deal

Need to be able to clone an individual deal. This is helpful for recurring revenue organizations and building MRR. Please! Smiley feliz

Update from @JoeMayallDue to a technical error on HubSpot’s end, this thread has an inflated upvote count. As of June 10th, 2020, we estimate this thread has around 500 upvotes. I'll continue to update this count as the thread receives upvotes."

557 Comentários
robweidner
Membro

Any update on this?

kdelgreco
Membro

YES, agreed!! 

wburbank
Membro

Great idea!

andyb
Colaborador(a) | Parceiro Ouro

Yes agreed from me too

Mjennings
Membro

This would be a big productivity improvement

fanderson
Membro

Great for MRR contracts and also tons of other common sales!  thanks for posting.

Justinmiller
Membro

upvote this feature

Goohlay
Membro | Parceiro Diamante

I used an automation tool (ZAPIER) to "clone" a deal. 

We add another Deal Stage called "CLONE ME" exclusively for Cloning. So once you update deal stage to "CLONE ME", it will trigger the tool to copy the value of your updated deal then produce new deals with the copied data.

ODWJohn
Membro

SUGGESTION: Be able to copy an exisitng deal and create a duplicate deal. 

REASON: in a B2B environment we often create multiple deals for the same company. A majority of the time, only a few properties change (Amount, Close date, Descritpion)

I think this should be an easy option where the user could select CLONE DEAL and be forced to upate the Deal Property 

Bahar
Participante

@Goohlay, thank you so much for sharing your solution. We are also trying to clone the deal with Zapier however we do not find the copy value. Is this happening on Hubspot or Zapier? Is there an additional step we're missing on Zapier? At the moment we have the triggers "deal entered a new stage" and  "create a new deal" but are unsure of where we can get the step to copy the data. 

DrewEconsys
Membro

Just to pile on - I want this too!

valeria_glispa
Membro

We desperately need this as well! 

Bahar
Participante

To be more precise, creating a new deal and associating it with the company and contacts in zapier is not really enough for us. We need to copy all activieties (email history and notes) to the newly created deal as well!

Goohlay

@Bahar, you need to set the custom value of each field for the data to be copied.  See the step by step set-up of our zap.

1) Basically our zap, will be triggered once deals stage has been updated to "CLONE ME" stage.
Screen Shot 2017-12-06 at 6.25.13 PM.png

2) I created a filter wherein the app will only clone deals with "CLONE ME" deal stage. (Please note that the alphanumeric value is the internal value of "CLONE ME" stage):
Screen Shot 2017-12-06 at 6.25.42 PM.png 
3) Set to create new deals then manually set each field and its customized data:
Screen Shot 2017-12-06 at 6.40.04 PM.png

4) This is just optional though. Add another action by sending email notification to Hubspot Owner with the link to the newly "Cloned" deals:
Screen Shot 2017-12-06 at 6.26.40 PM.pngActual Email NotificationActual Email Notification

BTW, we've tested the bulk edit and updated multiple deals. It cloned all deals with the updated deal stage 🙂 You can literally clone 2 or more deals at once.

Hope this helps. Thanks!

Goohlay
cketelaar
Membro

we want this too!

Bahar
Participante

@Goohlay, thank you so much for your detailed explanation! We ended up doing the same thing, but it is not really clonning the deal. We are basically creating a new deal, and mapping the properties. So we still miss the activieties (email history and notes)!

Kmoloo
Top colaborador(a) | Parceiro Elite

Definitely need this feature to clone a deal.  We use a separate pipeline to manage contacts (which could be done as a native object in Salesforce).  When a deal goes to closed-won in our sales pipeline, we need to duplicate the deal as to create a contract for it.

p_viv
Colaborador(a)

This is really basic CRM functionality that we need desperately

MarySkuse
Colaborador(a)

This is a request that has been going on for over a year now... HubSpot, this is a MAJOR pain point for us. Please update.