HubSpot Ideas

cfleishman

Cloning a Deal

Need to be able to clone an individual deal. This is helpful for recurring revenue organizations and building MRR. Please! Smiley Happy

Update from @JoeMayallDue to a technical error on HubSpot’s end, this thread has an inflated upvote count. As of June 10th, 2020, we estimate this thread has around 500 upvotes. I'll continue to update this count as the thread receives upvotes."

557 Replies
jenniferfuqua
Contributor

We also use Revenue River and have been for about 2 years. It's very easy and inexpensive and they continue to add great features. Works seamlessly and saves a ton of time.

Jennfier

JoshBodine
Participant

If you have OperationsHub, you can use the Custom Code step and it is fairly easy to then clone a deal and clone line items (we do this and I am happy to share an example). Admittedly, this should be a basic function and not require the custom code step in the workflow and should be an option in the regular create record step in the workflow.

Glay_Imutan
Participant | Diamond Partner

I've been upvoting this since 2017. A simple function with a thousand upvotes but still a low priority. What now Hubspot?

Evans4316
Contributor

I really don't know why this is falling on deaf ears. Simply ridiculous!

RoSabandar

I'm still waiting for an official response from HubSpot. Someone named Dylan as the Product Manager. Dylan can you provide an update on this feature request in short term? Why is it difficult for HubSpot to develop such a basic functionality? 

TSolorio

This feature would be extremely helpful for a company like ours that consistantly receives recurring business. 

aalthaus_revriv
Participant | Elite Partner

Hi all, I've got some news to share: we've released a big update to our original Deal Duplicator app to now include AUTOMATION! We've taken an IFTTT (if this, then that) approach to make it exceptionally simple for you to establish the rules by which deals should be duplicated.

We've also been hard at work on a rebrand, so you'll see some exciting changes to the interface as well for a more intuitive experience.

You can get the app here: https://www.instrumental.net/deal-duplicator

Be sure to use your HubSpot User email address on the payment page.

You can also DM or email () me with questions! I look forward to supporting your deal cloning needs 😄

dchambers
Contributor

It is surprising that this idea has been on here since August 2017, and it still hasn't been implemented. This is a basic feature that is desperately needed. 

HBrii
Participant | Diamond Partner

Any news about this possibility to clone a deal ? 

Jonno_Price
Guide | Platinum Partner

Would be really helpful to have this. Especially for professional service related business. Plus the ability to automatically include the Product Line items when you clone a deal. Thanks!

Linn1

Hi all, 

cloning the contents of one deal to create another would also be extremely helpful for our company and save a lot of time! Thank you!

NFrank
Member | Partner

Being able to clone a deal would be a huge help!

JCeballos

I think this tool could help you Susan: https://www.instrumental.net/en/deal-duplicator-for-hubspot

SusanH

Hi, Thanks for that.  We are using Deal Duplicator (revlabs@revriv.com)

JCeballos

Amazing, is the same tool  just with automation now and new design.

BHarte

This is one massve gap in teh base functionality. 

JCeballos
USiddiqui

Basic feauture available on other CRMs. This should have been implemented the year this request was created (2017). It will save a lot of time for operations and sales team members. 

TWust

I totally agree this feature would be extremely helpful. Could this please be prioritized. And can we also include cloning a ticket not just a deal.

JonathanS
Contributor | Elite Partner

@TWust just incase you didn't know Clone Attack allows you to duplicate tickets and deals. It can also be used in workflows to automatically duplicate tickets and deals for you!

You can check it out here: https://app.hubspot.com/portal-recommend/l?slug=ecosystem/marketplace/apps/_detail/appchemist-clone-...