HubSpot Ideas

cfleishman

Cloning a Deal

Need to be able to clone an individual deal. This is helpful for recurring revenue organizations and building MRR. Please! スマイリー ハッピー

Update from @JoeMayallDue to a technical error on HubSpot’s end, this thread has an inflated upvote count. As of June 10th, 2020, we estimate this thread has around 500 upvotes. I'll continue to update this count as the thread receives upvotes."

557件のコメント
PChaveriat
メンバー
Hi all, agree HubSpot should build this vary basic function.

Meanwhile we have started using Clone Attack plugin and it works very well
so far.
Levi
トップ投稿者 | Elite Partner

Upvoted! 

pajvitamin
投稿者

CLI    SHARES ACROSS ALL SOCAL MEDIA WITH ALL PLANT 

MBarnes
参加者

The fact that notes cannot be copied over from deals has caused a lot of internal issues and is a large concern with our leadership. We include important deal-specific attachments in our notes since the attachment feature pulls in attachments across multiple deals. This needs to be fixed asap. A deal should be able to be fully cloned; it isn't very beneficial if you can't pull over all your data from a deal to one pipeline to another. A lot of HubSpot's development seems to be built around a standard use case rather than considering different ways companies would be utilizing the CRM in its entirety. Not all companies have a simple sales cycle. 

TSCWC
メンバー

I totally agree with this feature. Any CRM tool that respects itself and wanted to be counted into the playfield of the big guys needs to have this feature. It exists any serious software tool for invoicing or CRM purposes.

RoSabandar
メンバー

Cloning of copying a deal is necessary for my customers (annually recurring revenue). It now takes me ages 😉 to create mostly the same deals every year. This should of course be possible with 1 mouseclick and to me it's a mystery why this functionality doesn't exist yet?!

SusanH
メンバー

Seems the last time we heard from Dylan (product manager)  on this topic was March of 2021.   Dylan if you're listening, can you please provide a good reason why this simple CRM basic functionality cannot be done in Hubspot.  All that is being asked is to have the ability to 'clone' a deal with the current fields which we can easily update after cloning.  Why is it that we have to use an external app to provide this feature?   AGAIN, THIS IS A SIMPLE ASK AND IS BASIC CRM FUNCTIONALITY.  COME ON PEOPLE .....

Elsystems
参加者

Given the necessary nature of duplicating deals and the lack of support from Hubspot - I have been following this thread for years after upvoting.  It strikes me that Hubspot may have a deal with the third-party providers NOT to add this ability.  I don't know how else to explain that this feature has not been implemented after so many upvotes - whether it is 1,400 or 500 as Hubspot claims. 

This has been one of the most requested feature additions for four years.

TSCWC
メンバー

Dear ElSystems, Can you explain how this feature is helping third party providesr? What benefit would they have?

SusanH
メンバー

To Elsysems:  Very good thought.  They could be getting a cut of that revenue... who knows, but does offer an explanation since Hubspot has not given us one in 5 years on this topic.

Elsystems
参加者
The other companies providing the solution for duplicating deals are making money - $10 or $20 per month per user. Not sure if Hubspot is getting a cut of that income but I cannot imagine another reason that Hubspot would ignore this or place this feature as such a low priority.
TSCWC
メンバー

to me it is a reason to consider leaving hubspot? Maybe this can help

SusanH
メンバー

Well, it seems that Hubspot doesn't care if they lose customers ... obvious from their lack of attention on this issue.   They mentioned 'other priorities' over a year ago .. but from what I can see from any CRM updates/changes ... there has been NOTHING that really served any value on efficiencies. 

tabb
メンバー
Agree – for about the 1,00th time……
SPotgieter
メンバー
aalthaus_revriv
参加者 | Elite Partner

As a "third-party provider," I can very much assure you that we do not have any kind of deal with HubSpot nor do we have any information about their plans regarding this feature. We simply saw a need and created a simple widget to address it. We charge a small fee to try to cover our costs (which we haven't). 

SusanH
メンバー

And I thank you ... as I've been using your widget for years now! 

Daxchemist
参加者 | Elite Partner

Similar to @aalthaus_revriv , our duplicating app Clone Attack is in no way related to HubSpot. We simply charge a fee for the development, maintenance, and support of the app. Our goal is to fill in the gaps that HubSpot has, duplicating items being one of them. 

Our dupilcation via workflow support comes out next week, and hopefully that will round out the needs of the community!

SPotgieter
メンバー

Bravo to the app makers for stating the above...

It kind of makes things worse, as there is now not even a commercial "excuse" for HS to have not addressed this.

I will however look into the abovementioned solutions!

Elsystems
参加者

We use Rev River, they are very nice, and it works well.  I hear very good things about Clone Attack also.  I don't want them to necessarily lose business but it is mystifying that such a basic function is missing in Hubspot and is ignored by the folks making product development decisions. 

The Hubspot reps can duplicate deals but from what I understand they have special coding or modules that allows them to copy the deals.