Cloning a Deal

cfleishman

Need to be able to clone an individual deal. This is helpful for recurring revenue organizations and building MRR. Please! Smiley Happy

Update from @JoeMayallDue to a technical error on HubSpot’s end, this thread has an inflated upvote count. As of June 10th, 2020, we estimate this thread has around 500 upvotes. I'll continue to update this count as the thread receives upvotes."

381 Replies
dflynt
Participant
Ivansch

Joined Hubspot not long ago thinking "Oh I'll get off the spreadsheets..." only to realize it takes me almost twice as much.... Cloning is a feature that you CANNOT deal without ! Especially in a company where some clients may have multiple locations but not all at the same stage ! 

This is critical for managing my team efficiently.... none of the employee will buy into the switch to Hubspot unless it is easier or at least as hard as before.... ! 

BoudewijnB
Participant

We use the Duplicate deal widget from revLABS. And we are quite satisfied the way it works. it is the best alternative for not having the option to clone deals ;-). 

https://www.revenueriver.co/revlabs/duplicate-deal

Pauldeming

We need this function.

Retyping day repeat deal does not make sense.

MonikaS
Contributor

Needing it as well

Pauldeming

This is the app we are going to use, I ran it by IT and it looks good.

https://app.hubspot.com/ecosystem/2515281/marketplace/apps/sales/crm/appchemist-clone-attack-229629

Daxchemist
Member | Partner

Thanks for the shoutout @Pauldeming! Here's a general link to get Clone Attack.

https://ecosystem.hubspot.com/marketplace/apps/sales/crm/appchemist-clone-attack-229629

SkeeStylus
Contributor | Partner

We're also testing Clone Attack with two clients.  No complaints.  Good looking out @Daxchemist 

Daxchemist
Member | Partner

Thanks for the love @SkeeStylus !

brotelli
Participant

I have dealers that want to place the same order they did before or similar orders and cloning a deal would make this so much easier.

kleberjs

Cloning is a extremely very important feature! Others CRM already do it... so please HubSpot, hurry up with this. 🙂

Pauldeming

We have been using clone attack for a few weeks and it works fine.

Daxchemist
Member | Partner

Appreciate the mention @Pauldeming!

nona

Hi @Dylan 

Could you make it possible to clone tickets too.

So a simple tool to clone deals and tickets.

I imagine something like this:

nona_0-1607590050160.png  nona_1-1607590143374.png

Thanks!!

SkeeStylus
Contributor | Partner

@nona  check out @Daxchemist 's   Clone Attack in the App ecosystem.  It not only works for deals but any object in Hubspot.  

https://ecosystem.hubspot.com/marketplace/apps/sales/crm/appchemist-clone-attack-229629

nona

thanks @SkeeStylus ! I''ll try it 😄

bashomosko
Participant

Would love to have this functionality. 

Daxchemist
Member | Partner

@bashomosko Just shot you a PM!

WebfootMarket

For any Zapier users out there, I SOLVED THIS PROBLEM, at least for our purposes. Have a look:

Solution:

1. I created a custom deal property that I call "Clone Deal" and then just made it a checkbox (TRUE/FALSE) property. 
    1. see here:Screen Shot 2020-12-20 at 1.38.18 PM.png
  2. I then created a zap with zapier that monitors that particular field for a change. As soon as the estimator makes the change to that "Clone deal" property and saves the changes in the deal the zap fires. Here is what I built out in the Zap:
    1. See here:Screen Shot 2020-12-20 at 1.36.41 PM.png
  3. Step two in the zap is a filter that will only proceed if the "Clone Deal" value is set to "Yes" (TRUE), just in case an estimator changes the property to "No" we do not want to continue cloning the deal.
  4. Step 3 is just the HubSpot --> "Create Deal" function, and I just input all the properties from the deal that triggered the zap into the new deal that is being created.
  5. Step 4 finds the Contact ID that is associated with the original deal
  6. Step 5 associates the newly created (or cloned) deal to the same contact.

You could also add another step that emails the user when the deal is done being created with a link to the newly cloned deal, but I haven't don that yet.

Also, you could do this process multiple times, but just switching the Clone Deal property back to "No." Saving the deal. Then Switching it back to "Yes" and saving again.

Background on how we use it:

Our painting company will create deals when a customer calls for an estimate. Frequently, the customer is in need of multiple services for example carpentry, drywall repair, and interior painting (we abbreviate that with "CARP DRY INT" for context). We want to keep those three services as one deal initially because the estimator is going to the house one time to give an estimate for all the services. However, once the customer excepts the deal we want to be able to split it into three separate deals because often times we need to schedule and produce those deals months apart (especially if there is exterior work that is weather dependent). So our estimators need to duplicate the original deal three times, and literally everything is the same except the project type, and the dollar amount. 

Hope this helps someone out there!!

AAnderson8

This would be really helpful for us. When a sales person wins a deal it needs to be cloned into our services pipeline to be managed for delivery. 

It's ideal for the delivery team to not have to recreate the deal every time when all of the required fields are included in the sales deal already.