HubSpot Ideas

cfleishman

Cloning a Deal

Need to be able to clone an individual deal. This is helpful for recurring revenue organizations and building MRR. Please! Smiley feliz

Update from @JoeMayallDue to a technical error on HubSpot’s end, this thread has an inflated upvote count. As of June 10th, 2020, we estimate this thread has around 500 upvotes. I'll continue to update this count as the thread receives upvotes."

557 Comentários
Elsystems
Participante

I have been using the widget add-in that was mentioned and the result is simple and exactly what Hubspot should have done a very long time ago - I can clone the deal and modify the contact and company - which is what most of the folks have been asking for.

Here is the link again.  I have no affiliation with the company other than I am now a thankful fan!
https://store.revenueriver.co/collections/deal-dupe-widget
Just be sure to create an account with the same email you use for your Hubspot  login.

SusanH
Membro

To Elsystems:   Glad the widget works for you.  Very simple functionality that Hubspot seems to have difficulty with.   Makes no sense.     The first response you get from Hubspot when you ask for  basic functionality is "post to the ideas board".  Well here we are 3+ years later and god only knows how many have posted on this topic.... but no results from Hubspot.   Maybe it's time to look at real CRM's!!  

JeremyPSE
Membro

@SusanH I purchased this Revriv app but can't figure out how to connect it to Hubspot. Any tips?

SusanH
Membro

@JeremyPSE

Hi Jeremy,  I downloaded the free version (which I believe is good for one person - if you want more than one person to access, you then need the paid).   All I did was go to the marketplace (little store front icone upper right of the black menu bar) and search for it. Once I found it I just connected and followed the process.   Hope that helps ... 

~S 

JeremyPSE
Membro

@SusanH i think it may not be available anymore...can't find it anywhere in the Marketplace.

Any chance you could send me a screenshot of what it looks like in the Marketplace, or on your deal record?

SusanH
Membro

@JeremyPSE

https://www.revenueriver.co/revlabs/duplicate-deal

here's what it looks like once connected in hub.  On 'deal' page ... in my 3rd column bottom. 

Hub Capture.PNG

SusanH
Membro

@JeremyPSE

Within Hub... once connected 

Hub App Capture.PNG

JeremyPSE
Membro

Thanks @SusanH - I think this has just been removed from the Marketplace. Oh well! @Dylan please hook up this feature!

Elsystems
Participante

If you add the widget from the link on the company website instead of the Hubspot marketplace you should be able to install it.  Looks like the company just changed the page for the widget to mention that it is a beta product.  Works great for me.

JeremyPSE
Membro

FIXED: The email with a link to connect to Hubspot was in my spam folder.

This is simple enough and seems to work. Thanks for the rec!

twinloger
Participante

@SusanH 

Hi, I can't buy a subscription. I can only select the US when registering. Is it available for other countries?

SusanH
Membro

@twinloger

I think someone else had mentioned that it was only available in the US.  The version I got was the free one... not sure if that is available outside the US either.    Try contacting them to inquire: https://www.revenueriver.co/

staceyp
Participante

The revLABS Revenue River widget app DOES work to clone and does give the option of whether to include the products which therefore carries over the revenue fields so THANK YOU.  This is the solution I for one needed at this stage.

Crazy that something so simple, basic and obviously very much needed by subscribers was so complicated or not relevant enough for hubspot to add.

SusanH
Membro

@staceyp

Glad to hear it!!   This widget is just a temporary fix and who knows how long this will be available as it's a beta product.  Hubspot should still be on the hook to give us this very basic CRM functionality.  We should not have to use an outside widget to do the basics. 

Jaime2
Participante | Parceiro Platinum

I would use this feature every day if it was available.

Tamarbeck1
Membro

Brand new to HS - we moved from Pipedrive, have been putting it off for a couple of years, but have bitten the bullet!

Can't believe that there isn't a way to clone a deal - how does anyone deal with renewals without being able to clone an existing deal?? We've closed/won around 7 deals since using HS - in Pipedrive, I'd have them duplicated the deals into our renewal pipeline, set sales tasks for renewal close and that would be it. So far, I haven't found the time to even create the 7 new renewal deals that I need to do - to do this, I would need to have HS open twice on my browser and keep going from one to the other so as to be able to copy the details across. 

Seems crazy to me.. is there any business using HS that doesn't have MRR/ARR??

mark_poyser
Participante

@Tamarbeck1 you can use the workflow engine to automatically clone the deal based upon the criteria and triggers that you set. However, Products are not copied over. Other than that it generally works fine.

ClemOaky
Participante

@Tamarbeck1 We went through the exact same move 14 months ago... What was just 1 click in Pipedrive requires quite some workaround in Hubspot.

The most efficient way I found to avoid simple copy and paste or click click click marathon, is to download a deal from Hubspot, then change what you want to change (for example the period) and then reimport the new deals via the Import function.

Quick heads up: be careful with the import, Hubspot doesn't have the same function as Pipedrive, you can't easily revert an import, you'd have to delete all deals.

SusanH
Membro

@Tamarbeck1

Hi, Many of us are using an external tool that you can integrate with Hubspot that will clone deals.   Check it out... a good fix until Hubspot gets their stuff together and gives us basic cloning functionality~~  

AndrewCus
Participante

Would it not make sense that clone woudl just create a new deal with ALL details from the cloned deal and present said deal just prior to saving and thus the user could alter/delete as required? 

This is frustrating.