Cloning a Deal

Need to be able to clone an individual deal. This is helpful for recurring revenue organizations and building MRR. Please! Smiley Happy

HubSpot updates
238 Replies
AdrienC
New Contributor

me too! I'd love to be able to done this. 

Daniel3
Regular Contributor

Hey Hubspot,

This is an almost 2 year old request with 168 upvotes. You already have pretty good algorithms for merging contacts where the logic could be applied to deals. Any chance you can put that into a sprint?

My use case is this:

We do B2B and my reps are working on deals with customers but sometimes they direct customers to order online from our E-commerce platform. Now I have the history of a deal that someone has been working on for a couple of months with different personas and then I have the E-commerce deal from a single person but it has all the right numbers on quantities, products and revenue. Of course I need to keep the history from the first deal but now I have to manual copy paste certain values over.

The feature could be like for contacts where you have one deal that is the primary but all other properties that do not have a value in this deal get carried over from the second one. Or you make it a big table view with all properties and let people check and uncheck which property should be taken over from which deal.

I hope this helps! Happy to jump on a call and get some more questions from your PMs.

Anonymous

YES! Please make this a priority! 

natan
Occasional Contributor

Sad to see this doesn't exist yet especially with so many requests over two years. Would help us a lot too.

DavidRivera23
New Contributor

This is an awesome idea and needs to be in place. When I used to work in my prior companies, we were able to duplicate deals. 

egbert
New Contributor

UP yes plz

TestingTime
Occasional Contributor

We would love to use this as well. Especially because some steps of the pipeline are synced automatically with our ordering tool via API and some steps are not.

ChrisMartin
New Contributor

Totally agree

Bernard
New Contributor

Would be really helpful to have this solution.

rgschultz65
New Contributor

Much needed feature!

Would love to upvote this idea but don't see how. If you could let me know how to do so I would be happy to do it.

Thanks!

NetCents
New Contributor

YES PLEASE... need to be able to merge deals! very important

HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

@rgschultz65 Do you see the little (it almost looks like the Facebook one) thumbs up on the original post? It is here you can upvote.

Hope this helps! Smiley Happy

AussieRyan
New Contributor

Yes, the way in which our trial to paid customer system works, there is often the case where the trial license key and paid license key do not marry up for a multitude of reasons. Therefore, having the ability to merge these two deals together manually is critical for us to ensure that we can link the Trial Deals with the Paid Deals. 

KinseySullivan
Occasional Contributor

Definitely! This would make life so much easier. I think products should be cloned with the deal, too.

P.S. @karinamariotti you need to upvote this one Smiley Happy

karinamariotti
Occasional Contributor

This is a great idea! 

Cloning products or even creating a workflow where products could be automatically added would be great too!  This would provide flexibility for customers. 

DebbieMakrinaki
Occasional Contributor

Agreed. We need this!!

SarahG_YGD
New Contributor

I would love this feature to clone deals as well! We sometimes have deals that break out into multiple phases and it would save a lot of time, not having to reenter all the notes and contacts. With Hubspot being a top rated CRM, I do not know how this feature is not available and has not been created since a lot of people in the community could use it. 

annieseattle
Regular Contributor

Agreed. Our team would really like to have this, too.  It happens especially with global sales teams that often start with different groups/contacts/departments and find that there's one deal in the end.  Please do make this happen, Hubspot.  Thanks!

Hidde
New Contributor

Also for us this feature is really essential so we can use Hubspot in a efficient way! 

Siddall
Top Contributor

Much desired, for many reasons.  Most mentioned in the thread already.