Cloning a Deal

Need to be able to clone an individual deal. This is helpful for recurring revenue organizations and building MRR. Please! Smiley Happy

HubSpot updates
238 Replies
New Contributor

AGREED!!!

tnguyen
Visitor

Yes we need this!

kgrider
Occasional Contributor

Yes, this is an excellent idea! I ran into this as a problem today. We can merge contacts and companies but not deals, so it shouldn't be too hard to implement this problem. 

This feature is so important!

AnnaDandrea
New Contributor

We've been exclusively using HubSpot for almost two years, and this is a constant issue. Deals need to be able to be merged! Before we started paying for HubSpot, we used a free version of another CRM and deal merges were included with that. As a CRM, this is a necessary feature.

JennaEngel
Occasional Contributor

Agreed ^ HubSpot can you give us an update where this stands? 

jesseg
New Contributor

Agree with all the other comments.  This feature is long overdue and would be very beneficial to have

JakeJones
Occasional Contributor

Yes. This is needed. 

Charles_Groome
Regular Contributor

Major problem when migrating to Salesforce...all kinds of duplicate deals now. I've had to zero out the amounts and add labels in the Deal names just to keep it all straight. Especially bad because there's no way to map all the notes and attachments over to Salesforce so I need to keep those deals around for historical context in case someone comes knocking.

Job1234
New Contributor

yes please, we need deal merging

hardikchitroda
New Contributor

In agreement..

Especially the field sales people

JimHohl
Occasional Contributor

Yup. I need this too. Duplicate deals get created all the time.

StephenDB
Regular Contributor

We absolutely need this feature!!!!

sgazeau
Occasional Contributor

Totally agree. Please add this feature. 

dleitch
Occasional Contributor

We also need this functionality.

rishichande
New Contributor

Agreed, really basic functionality that I'm surprised doesnt already exist

tsaphir
Occasional Contributor

Needed please. Was an important feature we used a lot on Pipedrive, and it s a loss in productivity not to have it in HS. 

Two opportunities can be worked on by 2 sales rep. Then  merged with one taking ownership, and all deal data gets combined.

taylorilacqua
New Contributor

Agreed let's add this!

dan_sitton Regular Contributor | Platinum Partner
Regular Contributor | Platinum Partner

Hi @cfleishman, I haven't read all the comments but if you are using HubSpot Sales Pro there is a way to "clone" a deal without an external app. You can use a series of workflows to clone the deal for MRR, with re-enrollment so that as each deal closes it opens up an identical deal in the pipeline at a specific stage. In addition, you can set tasks for this deal - so if you have a 90 day notice outreach you can automatically set the task for this and any additional tasks for each MRR deal.

If you haven't already figured this out and want any more information on it you can let me know by tagging a reply in this thred and I'll respond with the information.

cfleishman
Occasional Contributor

@dan_sitton thanks for the info. This is an okay solution for us but not best. We don't use contact owner instead we have different fields for our contact owners because it's possible that we could have five different sales persons for one contact depending on what is being sold. Being able to simply hit a "clone deal" button would allow us to clone all of the information including the "deal owner" versus the contact owner. 

CT-Eko
Occasional Contributor

Dang. I was disappointed to learn this isn't already a feature. Upvoted for justice!