HubSpot Ideas

cfleishman

Cloning a Deal

Need to be able to clone an individual deal. This is helpful for recurring revenue organizations and building MRR. Please! Smiley Happy

Update from @JoeMayallDue to a technical error on HubSpot’s end, this thread has an inflated upvote count. As of June 10th, 2020, we estimate this thread has around 500 upvotes. I'll continue to update this count as the thread receives upvotes."

557 Replies
Steveo
Participant

It's STUPID you can't do this.  I can't say anything else other than - this is a friggen sales App for #$^% sake - and we merge deals all the time!  What are you guys doing?  This has been lurking on this board forever as a serious issue.  I also posted this where a Community Mgr stated you can't do it.

TAM

When is this coming?

TAM

@Goohlay I have seen your workaround. I would like to appy it as well. But I don't know where to find the alphanumeric internal value of a stage (for the filter), which I called "deals to be cloned" since I will store them just temporarily in there. Once I have cloned them, I will move them back where they were in the pipeline and delete the "clone stage".
As I can see all I have to do in step 3 is to set to "custom value"?

Thanks in advance

Goohlay
Member | Diamond Partner

Hi @TAM

You can see Internal Value of each field at "Property Settings" in Hubspot. 

Go to Settings > Properties > Deal Properties > Deal Stage  > View/Edit

You'll see the internal value just like this:

Screen Shot 2018-02-14 at 9.50.06 PM.png

Does this helps? Thanks!

TAM

@Goohlay Thank you very much. Yes, that helped. I could find the value now.

When I tried to clone the deals under "clone deals" stage, it create empty deals for me. I guess, I have not been applying your 3rd step correctly. Could you elaborate on it? How can I make sure that it takes the exact same information as in the original deal properties? Such as associated contact, associated company, amount, close date, hubspot owner etc.

It is my first time with Zappier. Sorry, for the trivial questions. 

Thank you very much.

Goohlay
Member | Diamond Partner

Hi @TAM

No worries 🙂 

You'll need to set each field manually. In order to capture the correct data, you need to match the "field name" and "content name" value. See picture below:

2.png

Not all fields will contain the exact data you are copying though. For example, the pipeline value you're copying is "Sales Pipeline". What will appear in the field is instead of "Sales Pipeline", it will capture the internal value just like what I've shared with you.  

Thanks!

AGREED!!!

tnguyen

Yes we need this!

JennaEngel
Participant | Diamond Partner

Agreed ^ HubSpot can you give us an update where this stands? 

jesseg

Agree with all the other comments.  This feature is long overdue and would be very beneficial to have

JakeJones
Participant

Yes. This is needed. 

hardikchitroda

In agreement..

Especially the field sales people

StephenDB
Participant

We absolutely need this feature!!!!

sgazeau

Totally agree. Please add this feature. 

dleitch

We also need this functionality.

rishichande

Agreed, really basic functionality that I'm surprised doesnt already exist

taylorilacqua

Agreed let's add this!

dan_sitton
Contributor

Hi @cfleishman, I haven't read all the comments but if you are using HubSpot Sales Pro there is a way to "clone" a deal without an external app. You can use a series of workflows to clone the deal for MRR, with re-enrollment so that as each deal closes it opens up an identical deal in the pipeline at a specific stage. In addition, you can set tasks for this deal - so if you have a 90 day notice outreach you can automatically set the task for this and any additional tasks for each MRR deal.

If you haven't already figured this out and want any more information on it you can let me know by tagging a reply in this thred and I'll respond with the information.

cfleishman
Participant

@dan_sitton thanks for the info. This is an okay solution for us but not best. We don't use contact owner instead we have different fields for our contact owners because it's possible that we could have five different sales persons for one contact depending on what is being sold. Being able to simply hit a "clone deal" button would allow us to clone all of the information including the "deal owner" versus the contact owner. 

CT-Eko
Participant

Dang. I was disappointed to learn this isn't already a feature. Upvoted for justice!