HubSpot Ideas

mkarsten

Clone version B of Email A/B Test

As an A/B Test we put the content in a different order, and did see a better click rate in the B Version. Now we want to clone the B Version, put a new subject line on it and after a 1 week delay send it to anyone who didn't open the first email.

So the 1st email is cloned and the A/B option selected, the A/B test can be canceled, but all the content on Variation B will be removed. Hmmm. So no matter which version did better, I can only keep Variation A? Could an option be added to choose which Variation to remove instead? Or better yet, when cloning from the email list page, ask to clone Both A & B, Variation A, or Variation B.

21 Replies
heyerin
HubSpot Employee

Hi there! I also had a customer reach out wanting this ability for landing pages. Would love to see this implemented! 🙂 

carrielempner
Participant

I agree - it would be great to clone the B version of a landing page! Right now, it automatically clones the A version, which is super frustrating if you know that B version is performing better! 

mkarsten
Top Contributor

I don't know when it was added, but there's a way to do this now. If you click on the email in your email list that you want to clone and click the clone dropdown, there's an option to clone A/B, Version A, or Version B. Yay!

SlimSr2003
Participant | Partner

I agree. You shoudl be able to clone both A and B versions independently or both at the same time.

This needs to happen.

sachinFlock

Is this possible for A/B landing pages?

salucas

To further add to why this is a problem, an A/B test won't use the B version unless the list size > 1,000. Once I applied all my selects to the target list, there were fewer than 1,000 so now I essentially can't use the B version without recreating it.

PegL

I'm shocked that this cannot be done. And you cannot clone both A&B, either, just A.

As a relatively new Hubspot user, I find this truly disappointing. I have a bunch of similar landing pages to create and now I have to do it manually. Crazy...

mkarsten
Top Contributor

@PegL @salucas - This is available now. If you click on the email in your email list that you want to clone and click the clone dropdown, there's an option to clone A/B, Version A, or Version B.:)

PegL

Sorry I was referring to landing pages wtih A/B tests. Still not available. I was on the phone with Hubspot yesterday. 

SlimSr2003
Participant | Partner

We need to have the same cloneing ability for A/B pages on Landing pages as we do for emails, it is really bothersome to have to recreate sooo many V versions when setting up a campaign. Please make this a priority to be able to clone A/B versions for landing pages.

TYN
Participant

adding my vote in here

JJohnson10

Yes, we are also in this boat. I am trying to clone B not A! I'm having to spend time in the source code to do something we already did. Please give landing pages options to clone B too! 

Jonnydk
Top Contributor

Yes please!!

TRoberts1
Participant

We definitely need this!

floeru82
Contributor

Nice feature, but unfortunately very dangerous!
I like the option in the email detail view to choose if you want to copy the A mail, the B mail or both.
But if you clone the email directly from the mail overview, there is no dialog and no hint to the B mail. Both versions are simply copied. And usually you work in the A Mail without even noticing that the B Mail was copied.
You only notice this when you send the mail and then astonished customers report on the B mail which then has completely unwanted content - I speak from "bad" experience.

Please insert a similar dialog / option / note as in the mail detail view absolutely also in the clone option of the mail overview!

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

FranziskaRGIG

another vote for being able to clone a/b or b only for landing pages. 

MGan
HubSpot Employee

Commenting on behalf of a customer to be able to clone A/B, Version A, or Version B for landing pages!

chuff80

My workaround here was to save the B email as a template and then start a new email using that template as the A for the test. 

iiaw
HubSpot Employee

It would be great if we are able to choose to clone Version B for Website Pages too

JWarren8
Participant

Had the exact same problem with landing pages as well. I want to clone just b but can't