HubSpot Ideas

ckennedy

Clone branches within a workflow

It would be great if there was a way to clone an if/then branch within a workflow, especially with multiple "if" criteria. For example, if I'm setting up branches with the same SF campaign IDs but different interactions with an email, (bounce, open, click), it would be nice to create one branch, clone it, and just switch out the email action rather than selecting the same ID criteria over and over again. 

47 Comentarios
DanielleHMY
Miembro

I have a workflow with quite a few (for eg, 5) steps, and a next step through IF branch can only be activated once a current step is fulfilled. As the steps proceed on, I'm just repeating the branches I've built on one side and doing the same things on the other side of the IF branch, which makes work highly repeated. (up to 2^4 = 16 same mini branches at the end of the workflow). Since as I progress through the workflow, many are repeated steps, I propose two ways:

Since as I progress through the workflow, many are repeated steps, I propose two ways:

1. To be able to clone a branch and use it on a separate branch, especially I'm using the same parameters/conditions, it can save so much time by allowing copying and pasting, instead of building the branch from the start of adding time delay and adding conditions and actions afterwards.

2. Allow nodes to merge. For some of the steps in the workflow, since they are identical, the actions follow will be the same; but currently, I can only continue the workflow by painstakingly building the workflow branches one by one afterwards, resulting in 2^n branches. If the nodes (if branches that end with the same action and should lead to the same step afterwards) are allowed to be merged, it will make the workflow so much easier to manage. 

Look forward to seeing more improvements on your product. Thanks. 

ItaiBoublil
Miembro

This is a great idea! 

tsprunk
Colaborador | Partner nivel Diamond

I agree, this feature would be great. In the meantime, you can reduce your workload by putting the repeated branches in their own workflow. Then, on the original workflow, use a workflow enrollment step for each branch instead of repeating all those steps. If you're familiar with how functions work in object-oriented programming, it's the same idea. 

For example, if you have one workflow that looks like this after an if/then branch:

Branch 1: Do steps A, B, C, D, E, F

Branch 2: Do steps B, C, D, E, F

You could put steps B, C, D, E, and F in their own workflow (Workflow 2) with manual enrollment. Then, your original workflow could look like this:

Branch 1: Do step A, enroll in Workflow 2

Branch 2: enroll in Workflow 2

andrewrose789
Miembro

This is definitely needed - so labour intensive to create complex workflows at the moment.

shacharb
Participante

needed feature

abrengues
Miembro

needed for myself too.

Prosserman
Miembro

Being able to copy entire branches and quickly attach them to another process branch in the same workflow (or even different workflows of the same overall process) would be very beneficial.  So would being able to copy or clone specific building blocks, including items already selcted from the drop down menus.

Thanks!

Jatin28
Miembro

NEED IT NOW, HubSpot! 

JMcB
Participante

100% agree. I'm really surprised there aren't more upvotes for this feature request. I run into this pain point on a regular basis. I wonder if I am using hubspot in a unique way by creating workflows on a regular basis... 

The "smarter" you make your workflow (the more you utilize the powerful tech of hubspot) the more complex these workflows get and the more you would run into the bad UX in this case.

The more people rely on these workflows (and the more effective they are), the higher retention for a hubspot subscriber i'm guessing. Seems like it's in hubspot's best interest to create the best UX for their more valuable customers. 

jphilbrook
Colaborador | Partner

Did HubSpot come up with a solution to this? It is SO much work to build these out for bigger nurture streams.

GuillaumeCO
Participante

A big yes for this idea !

I'm currently creating big workflows reposing on if/so branch. I lost a big amount of time because I had to recreate the same branch.

mfahad
Participante

A definite yes for this idea. I am currently creating a huge workflow and it would definitely help to have this feature 

Andrew3
Colaborador

Really need this feature.  Creating workflows is currently very frustrating.

Proposal 3: Create a delay tool that waits until something logical has changed, for example:

--The previous task has been completed (marked complete)

--A selected contact/company/deal property has been set to a certain value or has been changed

Proposal 4 (may be the same as the merged nodes idea): Allow the workflow from an if/then (or any other node) to go to any other existing node.

agkmay
Miembro

YES!   The ability to copy and or 'group' then copy elements of a workflow would be amazing.

We have specific and detailed lead routing criteria and it is a MASSIVE pain to rebuild this each time we need to route leads. 

mfahad
Participante

Would love to have this feature. We have a very extensive workflow structure and it would help IMMENSELY to have the capbility of duplicating branches of a workflow. 

Brett_Fox
Miembro

Upvote, upvote, upvote!

kmccabe1
Miembro

Yes, it shouldn't take all day to create a workflow when I'm just repeating the steps over and over in different if/then branches.

rachaelshaw7
Colaborador

Hi Everyone,

An idea similar to this seems to be in planning.
It doesn't ask for cloning per se, but does ask for branches to be reconnected to the main branch once an exception is dealt with - in most cases this would negate the need to clone branches over and over again
Vote here:

https://community.hubspot.com/t5/HubSpot-Ideas/IF-branches-reconnection/idi-p/11322

Rachael

rachaelshaw7
Colaborador

Hi Everyone,

An idea similar to this seems to be in planning.
It asks for branches to be reconnected to the main branch once an exception is dealt with - in most cases this would negate the need to clone branches over and over again - since this feature is in planning you could vote and request the branches connect to any section not just the main branch

Vote here:

https://community.hubspot.com/t5/HubSpot-Ideas/IF-branches-reconnection/idi-p/11322

Rachael

robert1
Colaborador

+1

Merging if / then branch paths would be great, its often that I need to set a simple condition (eg assign an owner if no owner is assigned), and then have to build tow idendical branches.

And being able to clone nodes would be really great too. It takes a lot of time if you are using personalisation tokens to create meaningul tasks and the work is very repetitive, especially if you need to build the same branch multiple times.