HubSpot Ideas

ckennedy

Clone branches within a workflow

It would be great if there was a way to clone an if/then branch within a workflow, especially with multiple "if" criteria. For example, if I'm setting up branches with the same SF campaign IDs but different interactions with an email, (bounce, open, click), it would be nice to create one branch, clone it, and just switch out the email action rather than selecting the same ID criteria over and over again. 

47 Replies
MastersFred
Participant

I'd love the option to select a series of workflow blocks and cloning them for another branch.

I have a series of If/Thens to notify a team leader based on the deal-owner's team. Now I need to create nearly identical events for EACH team after the initial notification.

annieseattle
Contributor

This would be very beneficial. We waste a lot of time recreating the same steps and every criteria and action repeatedly. There’s also so much room for error. Even if we can’t clone a group of actions having the ability to duplicate and move actions would be great as a start. I have made mistakes sometimes putting the wrong string of actions after the wrong if/then trigger only to then have to remove all of them and redo  them. No idea why this one doesn’t have more attention or upvotes. 

mreyes
Member | Platinum Partner

We need this, it's urgent! 

tomaschavez00
Participant

+1 for this idea. Its a necesary feature given this is a kind-of programmation tool. Just look at any graphic programmation tool (FL Studio Patcher, DSP Synthmaker, Bizagi)

Caryn
Participant

This would be such a time saver! 

Currently, we have workflows with 2 branches (ie 4 endpoints) for our 14 feedback forms. The end is the same but the middle is different. This means we had to create the endpoint 56 times.

The ability to copy a branch would have been a lifesaver and still can  assist us in the future

Rklinghoffer
Participant

would love this as well..

kbjornaas
Contributor

3 SUPER impactful workflow improvements (I am sure there are many more) 

1. Clone Branches 

2. Rejoin a branch 

3. Drag/Drop or move a branch or step 

EmmaDavenport

Upvote from me - this would be extremely useful

AdamLHumanitix

Yes please.

NatalieAlagen

Much needed addition to workflows. Clicking 200 extra times is not fun.

ChristopherH

This is an amazing idea and I'm shocked that it isn't standard yet.

KarthikC
Top Contributor

bumping this idea

HarvestROI
Contributor | Platinum Partner

I agree that this feature needs to be added to keep the more complex workflows under one workflow. However, a great workaround for this is breaking up the repetitive workflow pieces into smaller workflows, so that when one piece is completed it automatically enrolls in the next workflow (ie. "part 1 of 2" part 2 of 2")  

HarvestROI

I want to update my comment from yesterday. The new function "Go to Other Action" solves this problem!!! You can use this feature to point back to the repetitive part of the workflow.

Screen Shot 2020-03-05 at 12.36.11 PM.png

MastersFred
Participant

@HarvestROI Although the "go to" function does help, it won't help when branches have the same blocks but different contacts (ie notify the manager for that team)

KarthikC
Top Contributor

The new go to action functionality looks promising, thanks for sharing!

HarvestROI

@MastersFred True in that case having a cloning function for highlighted sections is Pure Gold.

However, this does take us a long way from having to manually rebuild repetitive workflow components or "Enroll in Another Worklfow"

ramatoG2
Contributor

This is a much-needed feature. Would save hours of work.  

MeganLegge
HubSpot Product Team

Hi everyone,

I’m Megan Legge, a product manager for HubSpot’s workflows tool. As others have mentioned, we've made a couple of improvements in the tool which have made building branching workflows easier. To recap the features that have been rolled out since this idea was posted:

1. Reconnect branches with a Go To action (read more) - This action allows you to connect if/then branches with the Go to other action action. This can help to streamline your workflow building process by consolidating if/then branches.

2. Add mutiple conditions to an if/then branch (read more) - Instead of creating many layers of branches, you can now add up to 20 unique conditions in a single branch, consolidating the power of many branches into just one! Enrolled objects will be evaluated against each condition in the branch, in the order that they're set. 

On top of those improvements, we're currently exploring the idea of cloning conditions within a single branch. This would enable users to more easily create if/then branches with many similar conditions, instead of having to manually add the same filter numerous times. Thank you for your comments and feedback, and I will follow up again when we have more information about this feature!

Best,

Megan

ramatoG2
Contributor

Amazing! Thanks for the update, @MeganLegge