HubSpot Ideas

SkeeStylus

Clone User Roles

I have client that has a large team with many different user roles.  Most of them are very similar save one or two small permissions but you have to start all over creating a new role.  It would be so easy to clone and edit roles.  Currently I juxtapose two windows next to each other and edit but seems archaic.  

HubSpot-Updates
Status aktualisiert zu: Delivered
August 30, 2022 08:46 AM

Hello! My name is Flora and I'm a PM at HubSpot working in permissions.

We have a feature where you can create a user via "Copy permissions to new users". Also, you can use permission sets to do this as well, more information here: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/settings/create-permission-sets

Please let me know if this fits the use case and I'd be happy to chat more as well. 

Screen Shot 2022-08-30 at 11.44.48 AM.png

20 Kommentare
JessHurwitz
Mitglied

I too agree that it would be great to be able to simply clone or copy a user and have all of their user permissions easily applied to a new user during initial setup. This is a basic admin function that many applications have including SalesForce.

Simone_Pellerey
Mitglied

I too agree that it would be a cool option.

JBennett1
Mitglied

I vote for this! This would be a major time saver!

reycepeda
Teilnehmer/-in

Yes please! Let us clone roles. 

KRobertsson
Mitglied

We have so many different roles so it would be great if we could simply clone!

EVerbeeck
Mitglied

I second this! Our salesteam is growing fast and colleagues come and go. So this means a lot of work creating users, adjusting property views and permissions. This would really help us out. 

EkramulHuq
Teilnehmer/-in

must have feature.

callie
Mitwirkender/Mitwirkende

Agreed! I have created a ghost account for myself to evaluate what permissions are necessary within our roles, and rather than rebuilding them all, I'm hoping I could clone and adjust

Otterbot
Mitwirkender/Mitwirkende

Yes, a must have especially when creating users via SCIM / Okta. Since every user must be matched to a standardized role that cannot be edited from within Hubspot, it would be a lot less time consuming to be able to clone roles to make new ones with specific permissions changes. 

GEiselt
Mitwirkender/Mitwirkende

Would love to see this feature available. Most of our associates have a standard role but with minor permissions changes depending on what additional hats they wear at the firm. Would love to be able to clone the base role and update with a couple of clicks.

DimitriAntoniou
Mitglied

This is a no brainer - updating role permissions individually doesn't scale, and the same ability to "copy role permissions to new user" should be replicated for existing users.

Averyg
HubSpot Employee

Agreed, this would be a really useful feature for when needing to make a minor change to a similar role. 

Status aktualisiert zu: Delivered
Flora
HubSpot-Produktteam

Hello! My name is Flora and I'm a PM at HubSpot working in permissions.

We have a feature where you can create a user via "Copy permissions to new users". Also, you can use permission sets to do this as well, more information here: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/settings/create-permission-sets

Please let me know if this fits the use case and I'd be happy to chat more as well. 

Screen Shot 2022-08-30 at 11.44.48 AM.png

callie
Mitwirkender/Mitwirkende

@Flora - that is helpful for new users, but we also have a need of copying existing permission sets to existing users (ie assign a new custom set of permissions). Job changes, scaling roles, etc. are all reasons this may occur. 

KRobertsson
Mitglied

@Flora  Thanks for your input but I agree with @callie that what we need is to be able to copy existing permissions roles. 

sarahdecarlo
Teilnehmer/-in

I also agree with @callie , please make this feature available to update current users as well.

Launchfire
Teilnehmer/-in

+1 for copying permissions, or, saving your permissions as a set that can be applied at any point in time.  Current users are in scope, not new users.

FilipBäckström
Mitglied

+1 @callie - This would be very helpful! 

Falk_SR
Mitglied

@Flora are there any updates on this?

stephanhokanson
Teilnehmer/-in | Platinum Partner

The tip from @Flora is only valid for Enterprise Hubs.
I think copying user permissions should be available for Professional Hubs.