HubSpot Ideas

SkeeStylus

Clone User Roles

I have client that has a large team with many different user roles.  Most of them are very similar save one or two small permissions but you have to start all over creating a new role.  It would be so easy to clone and edit roles.  Currently I juxtapose two windows next to each other and edit but seems archaic.  

20 Replies
JessHurwitz

I too agree that it would be great to be able to simply clone or copy a user and have all of their user permissions easily applied to a new user during initial setup. This is a basic admin function that many applications have including SalesForce.

Simone_Pellerey

I too agree that it would be a cool option.

JBennett1

I vote for this! This would be a major time saver!

reycepeda
Participant

Yes please! Let us clone roles. 

KRobertsson

We have so many different roles so it would be great if we could simply clone!

EVerbeeck

I second this! Our salesteam is growing fast and colleagues come and go. So this means a lot of work creating users, adjusting property views and permissions. This would really help us out. 

EkramulHuq
Participant

must have feature.

callie
Contributor

Agreed! I have created a ghost account for myself to evaluate what permissions are necessary within our roles, and rather than rebuilding them all, I'm hoping I could clone and adjust

Otterbot
Contributor

Yes, a must have especially when creating users via SCIM / Okta. Since every user must be matched to a standardized role that cannot be edited from within Hubspot, it would be a lot less time consuming to be able to clone roles to make new ones with specific permissions changes. 

GEiselt
Contributor

Would love to see this feature available. Most of our associates have a standard role but with minor permissions changes depending on what additional hats they wear at the firm. Would love to be able to clone the base role and update with a couple of clicks.

DimitriAntoniou

This is a no brainer - updating role permissions individually doesn't scale, and the same ability to "copy role permissions to new user" should be replicated for existing users.

Averyg
HubSpot Employee

Agreed, this would be a really useful feature for when needing to make a minor change to a similar role. 

Flora
HubSpot Product Team

Hello! My name is Flora and I'm a PM at HubSpot working in permissions.

We have a feature where you can create a user via "Copy permissions to new users". Also, you can use permission sets to do this as well, more information here: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/settings/create-permission-sets

Please let me know if this fits the use case and I'd be happy to chat more as well. 

Screen Shot 2022-08-30 at 11.44.48 AM.png

callie
Contributor

@Flora - that is helpful for new users, but we also have a need of copying existing permission sets to existing users (ie assign a new custom set of permissions). Job changes, scaling roles, etc. are all reasons this may occur. 

KRobertsson

@Flora  Thanks for your input but I agree with @callie that what we need is to be able to copy existing permissions roles. 

sarahdecarlo
Participant

I also agree with @callie , please make this feature available to update current users as well.

Launchfire
Participant

+1 for copying permissions, or, saving your permissions as a set that can be applied at any point in time.  Current users are in scope, not new users.

FilipBäckström

+1 @callie - This would be very helpful! 

Falk_SR

@Flora are there any updates on this?

stephanhokanson
Participant | Platinum Partner

The tip from @Flora is only valid for Enterprise Hubs.
I think copying user permissions should be available for Professional Hubs.