Clone Quotes

We've started using Quotes (it is very good) but one thing that frustrates is that if the customer requests one small change to a quote before signing you have to redo the whole quote.

We'd like to suggest:

- Ability to clone a quote to a new quote draft

- Draft opens at beginnig of workflow but with all fields fillled in as per previous version.

- Version codes could even be automated.

We understand why the original quote can't be edited, but a clone function would help alleviatea fairly thankless repetitive task, which is, after all, what Hubspot is all about!

HubSpot updates
changed to: Being Reviewed
May 18, 2020

26 Replies
Regular Contributor

Agree, this would be helpful

New Contributor

Clone is a must. We spend to much time copy paste tekst / terms / description and so on..  

Occasional Contributor

its definitly a big issue. we sometimes have a client who also needs a similar quote mix lets say, and i would like to clone a similar quote i created for a different client. Currently i have to type it up /copy/paste. So inconvenient. Hope this can be resolve soon 🙂

New Contributor

I totally agree with this idea, a lot of my time is spent copying and pasting quotes and it'd certainly free up my time a lot more if we could just clone quotes. 

It'd be good as well if whenever you added an item to the products in a quote, it automatically added it to the library or suggested a previous library entry. 

Regular Contributor

We have standard product packages that we sell to restaurant franchises and every time a new franchisee needs equipment we have to create essentially the same quote. It would be great to clone or to create a customer quote master that we could add to deals and modify with stuff like installation costs, tax and shipping. 

Regular Contributor

Agreed!