HubSpot Ideas

AlexHodgson

Clone Quotes

We've started using Quotes (it is very good) but one thing that frustrates is that if the customer requests one small change to a quote before signing you have to redo the whole quote.

We'd like to suggest:

- Ability to clone a quote to a new quote draft

- Draft opens at beginnig of workflow but with all fields fillled in as per previous version.

- Version codes could even be automated.

We understand why the original quote can't be edited, but a clone function would help alleviatea fairly thankless repetitive task, which is, after all, what Hubspot is all about!

HubSpot Updates
August 30, 2022 12:16 PM

Hey folks - Ethan here, product manager for the Product Library and Quotes. Apologies for the missed quarter of updates. I want to let you know that this feature is not on our roadmap for this quarter (Q3, 2022). It is possible to clone quotes on the same deal, but we don't yet support cloning quotes and adjusting their deal association. We've made some progress towards it, but we won't be able to finish in Q3. I'll let you know how things look for Q4 in october.

As a sidenote, I'll be updating the top Ideas associated with Products and Line Items ~once per quarter going forward. I will include (1) whether or not a feature is on the roadmap for that quarter or not and (2) what our rollout plan for that feature is (e.g. will there be a beta or not). If you have feedback about additional information I could include in these updates, drop a note here. If I see a theme, I'll adjust my updates to address that.

I won't be doing this for every idea, but most ideas above 100 kudos will get this treatment. Previously, I had been trying to do it for ideas greater than 25 upvotes, but unfortunately the volume is too high to be practical.

Being Reviewed
December 02, 2020 12:52 PM

Hey folks - my name is Ethan and I'm the Product Manager responsible for Quotes and the Product Library at HubSpot. I wanted to let you know that while I can't provide a concrete estimate for timing yet, cloning quotes is top of mind for us. I'll update you as we get closer to building it.

Being Reviewed
May 18, 2020 11:50 AM

63 Replies
AaronM
Participant

Agree with anna-ins completely.  What really needed please are templates for the body, the products and for the Terms.

Johannes1991

Completely agree that duplicating old quotes for common, quick turnaround stuff would be so useful.

Copying a full quote from customer A and using it for Customer B, regardless fo contact people, company, date etc, would be a huge timesaver.

LWoody

Agreed!  Was just researching this.  It would be ideal if the Actions button that offers "Edit" and "Delete", also had "Clone" or "Duplicate". 

Also, why do quotes not contain all the info from the deal?  An important part of our deals are some custom properties such as Month, Size, etc--and these would be essential to have included on the Quote.

DanielleROTL
Participant | Diamond Partner

was hoping to see more engagement with this - we need it for exactly the same reason! are there no other threads regarding this?

MMT
Contributor

This is an essential feature which most CRM's provide as a basic feature for all quoting.  Hubspot seems to be slowing up on all development of Hubspot the last 12 months, unfortunately when users need these features and improvement in the platform more than ever.  

Any update? 

MMT
Contributor

Dear Hubspot - "silence is a killer".  Is there any update here?   Thankyou.

riccardocycland

It happens that we create a very similar quote for a different client.

That means taht we may have same quote for a different deal. But if I clone a quote it is by default associated to the existing deal. I need to be able to change deal association

DeskMaka
Participant

in our line of work, our sales team usually has to make the same quote for different clients.

i think it would be a real time saver to have the ability to copy/paste the same content from a deal to another. 

or it could be a "meet me in the middle"  having the quotes "premade" with specific entries that are editable, to same tons of hours during the week and use that same time to close even more deals 

thank you for your attention 

Lilliput00
Participant

Second this. Our sales reps are raising tens of quotes a day, and having moved from a different quoting engine to HubSpot, they are all unimpressed with this limitation. It adds friction to their process. Please implement asap.

Thanks,

L

MWendland

Cloning Quotes for recurent buisness to different ( or new ) deals would be a time saver! 

Would be great if you could add that function 

philhowie

+1 for cloning quotes and assigning or choosing a new deal to link it to! 

NicoleJ
HubSpot Moderator

On behalf of a customer who wishes to be able to create a quote to associate with a new deal from a cloned version would be very helpful.

JJagiello

Is there an update on this? Its probably the biggest downside to the system for our sales team who do ALOT of repeat orders.  

DMacias8
Participant | Platinum Partner

There are any update please?

JeffJensen

We need this! Please make it happen soon.

BSong
HubSpot Employee

Adding onto this post, had a customer who has to frequently create similar quotes across multiple deals. Having this feature would greatly help!

vanessahunt
Top Contributor | Platinum Partner

Is there any update on this capability, please?

Like many other CRM platforms, we desperately need HubSpot to include functionality (without aditional coding or config) that:

• Enables users to easily create multiple versions of a Quote with a simple click (other CRMs de-activate the first version and automatically activate the most recent)
  • Enables users to clone/duplicate a Quote so that it can be used as a template/model for other Deals where the same Line Items are needed
  • Allows uses to choose whether to clone/duplicate WITH or WITHOUT edits to the Line Items i.e. the baseline Product from the database, or the 'edited' verson in the Quote - where you may have amended a Property or added a Date/Description etc. So some flexiblity in 'what' you clone/copy.

Looking forward to an update on this key topic. Thanks in advance!

ethankopit
HubSpot Product Team

Hey folks - Ethan here, product manager for the Product Library and Quotes. Apologies for the missed quarter of updates. I want to let you know that this feature is not on our roadmap for this quarter (Q3, 2022). It is possible to clone quotes on the same deal, but we don't yet support cloning quotes and adjusting their deal association. We've made some progress towards it, but we won't be able to finish in Q3. I'll let you know how things look for Q4 in october.

As a sidenote, I'll be updating the top Ideas associated with Products and Line Items ~once per quarter going forward. I will include (1) whether or not a feature is on the roadmap for that quarter or not and (2) what our rollout plan for that feature is (e.g. will there be a beta or not). If you have feedback about additional information I could include in these updates, drop a note here. If I see a theme, I'll adjust my updates to address that.

I won't be doing this for every idea, but most ideas above 100 kudos will get this treatment. Previously, I had been trying to do it for ideas greater than 25 upvotes, but unfortunately the volume is too high to be practical.

MKaplunovsky

This would be really helpful. My coworker has done all the leg work that could be used for another deal, but im unable to do and being forced to recreate the wheel when i don't have to

MarkBart
Participant

@ethankopit 3 years, 8 months, 25 days, for a basic piece of functionality (thats standard across every other CRM i've worked with) and still not available; whats the hold up here?