Clone Quotes

We've started using Quotes (it is very good) but one thing that frustrates is that if the customer requests one small change to a quote before signing you have to redo the whole quote.

We'd like to suggest:

- Ability to clone a quote to a new quote draft

- Draft opens at beginnig of workflow but with all fields fillled in as per previous version.

- Version codes could even be automated.

We understand why the original quote can't be edited, but a clone function would help alleviatea fairly thankless repetitive task, which is, after all, what Hubspot is all about!

26 Replies
Regular Contributor

Agree, this would be helpful

New Contributor

Clone is a must. We spend to much time copy paste tekst / terms / description and so on..  

Occasional Contributor

its definitly a big issue. we sometimes have a client who also needs a similar quote mix lets say, and i would like to clone a similar quote i created for a different client. Currently i have to type it up /copy/paste. So inconvenient. Hope this can be resolve soon 🙂

New Contributor

I totally agree with this idea, a lot of my time is spent copying and pasting quotes and it'd certainly free up my time a lot more if we could just clone quotes. 

It'd be good as well if whenever you added an item to the products in a quote, it automatically added it to the library or suggested a previous library entry. 

Regular Contributor

We have standard product packages that we sell to restaurant franchises and every time a new franchisee needs equipment we have to create essentially the same quote. It would be great to clone or to create a customer quote master that we could add to deals and modify with stuff like installation costs, tax and shipping. 

Regular Contributor

Agreed!