HubSpot Ideas

AlexHodgson

Clone Quotes

We've started using Quotes (it is very good) but one thing that frustrates is that if the customer requests one small change to a quote before signing you have to redo the whole quote.

We'd like to suggest:

- Ability to clone a quote to a new quote draft

- Draft opens at beginnig of workflow but with all fields fillled in as per previous version.

- Version codes could even be automated.

We understand why the original quote can't be edited, but a clone function would help alleviatea fairly thankless repetitive task, which is, after all, what Hubspot is all about!

63件のコメント
nfox1
メンバー

Seconding this! I find it frustrating to have to recreate the entire quote from scratch if a customer requests a minor change, particularly for the more complex quotes. Would LOVE this functionality!

civey
参加者

Totally agree with previous posts! We would like to clone our quotes drafts as well. It just takes to much time to recreate quotes again and again.

dustinmcmillan
メンバー

We would like to see the same thing. We have quotes with nearly 100 line items. In the current format, it takes a very long time to get all of the items organized the way we want. The last quote took 2 hours. We forgot to include items and we now have to start all over...

Coovs
メンバー

Agreed with Dustin ^^^

jims
参加者

YES!

SHast
参加者

I really hope this is changed in the future. I would like the ability to Reopen a published quote, or clone a a published quote. As I am cruising through the next buttons, too many times I meant to click next, but I published the quote by mistake.... and then i had to redo a new quote. A verification pop up asking it I really want to publish would also be helpful. 

Also, it is really annoying that I have to select all and print to PDF to send it to my VPs to review who don't have the time log into HubSpot, and want to review via email. If I send them a published copy and they want a change, it means a new quote. So I copy and print to PDF, and the formatting is awful, so I have to apologize and ask that they ingore the formatting. 

Last, when the client gets the quote and wants a change before they sign.... I have to yet again re-create a new quote. 

In summary, please allow quotes to be re-opened after they are published. 

R10
メンバー

I wish I could upvote this repeatedly. Please add this feature! It would save so much time.

brndnstwrt
投稿者

I understand the reason for not being about to reopen quotes (for document control purposes).

But I second the idea of cloning published quotes in cases where a customer requests small tweaks to a quote.

MLC
参加者

We are new users, and we would already "like to upvote this continuously" too

and

We would like to be able to open a quote for a minor change too as our quotes are often super long or complicated with description changes, clients change 20 units to 19, and who doesn't make a typo from time to time?!

It should be possible for changes just to activate a permission request sequence if it is a question of document control no?

dustinmcmillan
メンバー

I wish I could like everyone's comments here. 

DMC

S2Phil
メンバー

It would be really helpful to sales and account managers if a quote could be cloned/duplicated.

There are two reasons for this:

1) When creating a quote there are options to set the expiry for 30 days, 60 days etc so these options are frequently used.

It is also preferable to setting a shorter deadline for quote expiration as it helps to focus the customer on a timescale for placing an order.

If the deal then does not close within 30 days the customer can no longer access the link to the quotation.

The only option then is to create a brand new quote with all of the same details, as there is no way to extend or clone the existing quote.

2) It is often desirable to create separate quotes with different combinations of products for the customer. However, as many of the details are the same between quotes, being able to use an existing quote as a template when creating a new one would be a big timesaver.

jasonparkinson
メンバー | Diamond Partner

Yes. If we publish a quote, and the customer needs one minor change (like a date or a spelling thing) there is no way to copy the quote to quickly edit and resend. I'm stuck creating an entirely new quote.

HapticSoph
メンバー

Definitely need this, the sooner the better! And the ability to add part codes - this is essential!

Update: Even though you can now add part codes, we need this to be a field that can be either visible or hidden to the customer as we rarely want them to see the part code

bunguo
参加者

It has to be done as soon as possible. 

steph2829
メンバー

We would love to be able to duplicate or clone quotes.

We have long quotes sometimes that can be used across many customers and it would be great if we could clone the quote and then just change the customer details.

finn
トップ投稿者

+1

ステータスに更新: Being Reviewed
dnelson
HubSpot製品開発チーム

Southern
参加者

We would love to be able to set up quote templates for common quoates and also the ability to clone and modify from existing quotes. 

Thanks

Marcelinho_22
メンバー

Eine ganz wichtige Funktion für unser Unternehmen, das kopieren bzw. clonen von Angeboten und Produkten.

Marcelinho_22
メンバー

Eine ganz wichtige Funktion für unser Unternehmen, das kopieren bzw. clonen von Angeboten und Produkten.