HubSpot Ideas

DCL

Clone Deal Pipelines

Hubspot Team,

Would be great to be able to clone Deal Pipelines or have Deal Pipeline templates as many of our pipelines are similar and now we are manually reacreating pipelines that are simlar or identiacal to other pipeleines.

Thanks,

Derek...

HubSpot Updates
Not Currently Planned
March 12, 2024 09:50 AM

Hi all, thanks for sharing your feedback. I'm seeing two different requests in the comments:

1. Ability to clone a pipeline
  2. Ability to clone a record (i.e. deal)

For the first one (original idea), I'm curious to understand why you'd want to clone a pipeline. If you have two pipelines with the exact same stages, we don't recommend separating the pipelines, as outlined in this Knowledge Base article. That's the best practice for segregating pipelines, especially if you want to avoid hitting your pipeline limit. 

March 30, 2020 10:00 AM

@DCL Thanks for your follow up! There are a few important things to consider here: 

1. Things that seem easy may not be. There may be downstream implications in other part of the product or unforseen technical challenges to work through. 
2. There are a certain number of resources available to all of us (engineering, hours in a day, etc.). In order to be effective we need to increase focus on the work that benefits our customers most. There are hundreds of ideas on the forum worthy of consideration, but in order to build a great product we cannot work on all of them. 
3. For everything we add to HubSpot, we are adding to the list of things our customers need to understand to use the system. With this comes an increased maintenance cost.

It's not that this idea will never be delivered. Instead, I wanted to be as transparent as possible that this is not something we plan to deliver in the immediate future. 

Not Currently Planned
March 30, 2020 08:47 AM

Hello HubSpot Community, 

Thank you as always for your continued feedback, it helps us build a great product.

We are constantly evaluating and re-evaluating our priorities and roadmap to deliver as much value to our customers as possible. At this time cloning a pipeline
 is not something our team is currently planning to build natively into HubSpot. This is certainly subject to change in the future and we will update this idea if that becomes the case. 

97 Replies
JTice55

This is an absolute must have feature. It'll save hours and hours each month that we onboard new clients and assign them a list of accounts. We're in high growth mode as a company and one of the main goals is to keep our turnover rate low so ideally we'll need to create new pipelines for every new hire that comes on board! 

FLocher

It would be great if you could clone pipelines. Would safe some much time!

HTrevino

+1 here...

I'm shocked that it is not possible to clone pipelines... Given my last 4 years of experience with HS i agree this is a no brainer gien the hours and errors that are reduced. My teams have constantly complained about this issue.

AnnaSeattle
Participant | Partner

This would be valuable for us - we have a lot of required fields for deal stages, and recreating those is tedious. 

Shiran
Participant | Diamond Partner

This feature is really needed. Many clients have the same pipeline stages for different brands/ regions/ teams and having to build it from scratch for each one can be very time-consuming. 

jtcg
Our rep said that we all have to request a "road block" be created for this
improvement to make the project list. So please reach out to your rep.
DebSchleede
Participant

I am BLOWN away that this is been requested since 2017 and it is still not considered. Every customer I have ever worked with could have benefit from this feature. So many companies run the same business flow but need separate Pipelines. A template or clone function - even if it's just the Configure tab and not the Automate tab. 

RIngilby

Adding my name to this as well. This would be a really really useful feature and save hours

GeorgSoller
Contributor

plz bring this!!!

DavidMueller

Agreed! This would help our organization as well.

HegeAbelson

Hi, 

YES, a cloning oppurtunity for pipelines, would be much appreciated!!

DHays

100% agree with this, to be able to simply clone a Pipeline would be an incredible time saver! Hubspot please implement this!

AMulready
Contributor

We recently started to merge with other companies and are set to acquire more, this is needed

FinRobertson

We would find it massively useful if we could clone pipelines or have pipeline templates.

RPower
Participant

It would be really helpful fur us as well.

We have 1 pipeline with all the automations, but i'm not really looking forward to copy pasting it for all sales reps. 

KPerepelica

Would be good...

RBottin

It has been now 6(!) (six) years that the community asks the hubspot managers to implement the cloning / duplicating of pipelines.
This issue has been ignored by the management of Hubspot all over these years. 
That's a shame.

Again, I ask : please implement that feature.

TFerraro
Participant

I don't need to clone a pipeline, just a Deal.  We repeat work for our customers every year or three years, depending on the description.  Would be great to be able to clone the old Deal when requoting the repeat work.

jakesdekock
Participant

I am really surprised that the cloning function has still not been added to deal pipeline. @hubspot please make this happen.  You can clone almost anything else in HubSpot now.

RSlater77

This would be a huge time saver. I have another couple of Pipelines to create and am not looking forward to the manual entry of each Stage.