HubSpot Ideas

Captshawn

Clone Custom Modules

In the COS there is a way to clone many things like pages, templates, code files, etc. But for Custom Modules, there isn't a clone function. When I need to make a variation of a custom module I have to rebuild the entire thing. It's not so hard to copy the code, but creating all the field options is painful if there are many fields. Being able to clone one will help immensely.

Also, renaming a custom module currently will remove all existing items created using that module. Not sure why that's the case, but if I have to rename one that's already being used, it's a show stopper. This should be a wish-list item as well, but by adding cloning feature it will help this problem as well because then I can clone an existing custom module and use it on new pages, get them ready, and then swap.

One last thought - I can MIGRATE a custom module between portals, so another thought is to allow the migration tool to copy and paste into the same portal. I know this is not ideal, but just saying that it seems the logic already exists somewhere to make this happen.

150votes
Vote
6 Replies
smondeau
Participant

Running into this problem as well. Lots of copying and pasting in a variety of places ot pull this off currentl due to lack of clone 🙂

Captshawn
HubSpot Product Team

RichElliott

This is a huge issue for me too. Hopefully, Hubsport will add it soon because it will save me and my team a bunch of time! 

icoalert

Agreed! In desperate need of this feature. 

BernardG
Participant

Hello Captchawn,

Any update on the clonig of fields in custom modules?

wspiro
HubSpot Product Team

In the Design Manager, it is currently possible to both clone Custom Modules, as well as Custom Module fields. You can clone Modules by right-clicking the module in the left finder and selecting "Clone module". You can clone Module fields by selecting "Actions > Clone field" on the field you wish to clone within the Module editor.