HubSpot Ideas

SMS1

Post Chat Survey

Please create the ability in the Chat tool to add a post-chat survey where I can configure the questions. There should be a mix of options for the question field type to set up the survey i.e. Dropdown, Stars, text box, etc. 

image.pngSomething like this (very basic example).

This is much more powerful and will have significantly higher response rates than getting feedback after the ticket is closed by sending the survey via email. Also included in this feature should be that if there was a contact associated with the chat, the survey results should be saved in their account, and in the reporting area of hubspot, I should be able to get reports based on these survey results. 

110 Replies
cscheible
Participant

If you do add this feature, make sure that the feedback questions do not cover up the answer.  I was on a chat with another company, and was multitasking and when I came back to the chat window about five minutes later, all I saw was the survey, not the answer.  I filled out the survey with bad rreview, then   the answer was revealed.    Not a good customer experience at all, and will lead to bad surveys even if the answer was provided.   If I can't see it, I do not know. 

Jason_M

Good idea, please add

Jason_M

Good idea, please add this functionality. A simple 5 star rating option would suffice. 

mfreiert
HubSpot Product Team

Capturing feedback through our chat experience is something the team is currently exploring - we will update this post with more info and feedback in the next couple months. 

Marine
Participant

Please we need this!

JoeMayall
HubSpot Alumni

Hi HubSpot Community,

My name is Joe, I'm the Ideas Forum Manager. I just wanted to thank you for your thoughtful comments on this post - it really helps us build a better product.

We think this is a great Idea! It would definitely help customers get a better understanding of how to improve their chat experience to better grow your business. Based on the comments and examples in here, we are currently reviewing this request. At this time I don’t have any details around timing or delivery, but stay tuned to this thread for more details.

I am changing the status of this idea to Being Reviewed as our team scopes out this work.

Best,
Joe

conyfarias
Participant

Hi @mfreiert 

I think that is a spectacular idea to have in this tool. Would also really appreciate this.  Would be great to get feedback on how a chat discussion went. Please add. 

Seth_Israel
Contributor

We would love this feature as well, upvote provided. Not only would this help provide a way for our team to get quick feedback in chat with a thumbs up or down, or some kind of 5 point grade system... but with our Chat Bots we currently are looking at providing Surveys on Tickets the Bot sets up for users. This is the only way we are going to be able to measure success with bots besides the analytics.

HPechin

Great idea, would love to see this. Just went looking for this feature today.

hs-user
Participant

Any update about this request? Most of the chat tools offer this functionality.

danslb

supposidly they are working on someting but there is not firm launch date. 

Clara3
After a chat ends, it would be nice to send automatically a feedback satsifaction survey to our customers with smiley faces for example, to measure how satisfied they are. 

Jessica-Dunbar

Yes I would LOVE to have an easy version of this option, but I think I figured out a workaround. 

In your chatflow, add an action to add the contact to a STATIC LIST. 

In your feedback surveys, select a Customer Satisfaction Survey (in-chat isn't an option, but email will work just as well as long as you've captured that during the chatflow). Under Recipients, select "Static Lists" and then select the list you created within your chatflow. Those folks you've captured in the chatflow should then receive a customer satisfaction email (yes, not in-chat and not totally idea but a workaround). 

I haven't tested this yet but I'm curious to hear others' thougths on whether you think this may work? 

amanda_smith
Participant

Yes, this is needed! Other chat companies I've seen already have this function.

SFkthomas

Love this Idea! Please add! 

justinsmith
Participant

Agreed! please add a survey option to the chat.  This would help us a ton.

MegKerry

i really want this feature too

prabuananta

it would be nice if costumer can feedback survey in a pop up

sawright2000

As a new Hubspot user, I'm suprised this is not part of the application. I hope this gets adressed soon since this feedback is vital to the customer experience.

finn
Top Contributor

+1