HubSpot Ideas

Sean_AGI

Clearing ChatBot Conversation History

I would like the chatbot to clear its conversation history (in customer view, NOT in the CRM). When a customer finishes a conversation with a bot, then launches the chat again later the chat starts where the customer left off (even though I have the bot's session timeout set to 30 minutes). This makes it seem like the customer can't initiate a new chat.

I know there is an arrow button they can press to exit the conversation, and then another button to start a new conversation. However, I'm not sure how obvious that is (especially with our audience's demographic which skews a bit older). 

So I would like the chat to either delete conversations on the frontend after 30 minutes OR make it more obvious that users can restart the conversation. 

HubSpot Updates
In Planning
June 02, 2020 05:10 AM

Thanks so much for the feedback. We are currently exploring some enhancements to our APIs and we have this usecase on our radar. We will provide an update here once we have dug in further in the next couple months. 

Thank you!

In Planning
January 30, 2019 04:10 PM

22 Replies
JennaS

Yes, I actually find it quite strange that this is not already how the system works. I don't know many websites which hold onto my chat history. Really hoping this gets sorted soon.

KSollars
Participant

I agree, this needs to reset!  Very confusing for the user.  We are using a meeting bot and have different calendars set to different landing pages however the same calendar comes up on all the landing pages because the chat doesn't reset.  What's the point of being able to make what if/then and triggers on different pages.  

It seems like this has been an issue for several years and Hubspot says they are "currently working on enhancements" however it has not been enhanced since 2018 🤔