HubSpot Ideas

Sean_AGI

Clearing ChatBot Conversation History

I would like the chatbot to clear its conversation history (in customer view, NOT in the CRM). When a customer finishes a conversation with a bot, then launches the chat again later the chat starts where the customer left off (even though I have the bot's session timeout set to 30 minutes). This makes it seem like the customer can't initiate a new chat.

I know there is an arrow button they can press to exit the conversation, and then another button to start a new conversation. However, I'm not sure how obvious that is (especially with our audience's demographic which skews a bit older). 

So I would like the chat to either delete conversations on the frontend after 30 minutes OR make it more obvious that users can restart the conversation. 

22 Replies
OliverJD
Participant

As it stands, when a returning user views a web page, the chatbot will continue a conversation from where it was left off, which can be quite handy in some circumstances, but not so handy in others.

I'd love for the option to clear the chat history, so that when a user returns to a webpage after a number of days, the bot starts over again instead of picking up where they left off.

The only work around that I can think of right now is to add a "start over" button into each step of the conversation, which I would rather avoid.

Anshul
Participant

Agree! This is important.

Joanna2

I agree, too! We just started using our bot and we've had some complaints because users cannot start a new conversation.

wendell

+1

Gwen

I'm finding this as well -  apprently isn't possible at the moment:Ticket number: #2173777 

We want to use this as lead generation rather than manned live chat. 

Srcote129

I would like our clients to have the possibility of closing out the conversations if need. Some of our prompt questions don't require properties to be saved as much as the ability to go back and find data later. 

Having an end chat button is a must!

hroberts
HubSpot Product Team

Anshul
Participant

Since this is related to chatbots, I would also like to add this https://community.hubspot.com/t5/HubSpot-Ideas/Machine-learning-driven-intelligent-Chatbot/idi-p/218... idea here. 

Sergiocil

Agree! This is important.

kbjornaas
Contributor

Yes, the current UI of the chat around this functionality is super confusing. Even when I TRY and I can't figure this out. 

krishnamhn009

+1

cdewey22
HubSpot Product Team

Thanks so much for the feedback. We are currently exploring some enhancements to our APIs and we have this usecase on our radar. We will provide an update here once we have dug in further in the next couple months. 

Thank you!

martinmgg

I need this too please

bbourgeaux

Really need this also, I agree the UI to start a new chat is confusing.

Kaylina

This would be great! I'd prefer it if the history cleared after we mark the ticket as "closed" on our end. 

OdaImoveis

This would be extremely helpful

EHrólfsson

This is a neccesary feature, and nothing seems to have been done to fix this since 2018. 

So when a customer loads the page and initates chat today, he resumes where he left off a week ago? 

The session timeout on the bot does not work, the session does not time out after 30 minutes if configured to do so. 

How is this fix not a priority?

Anshul
Participant

This is development is extremely delayed, especially after the product team stating in June 2020 that it's in the planning stage.   

Even machine learning-driven chatbots have not been rolled out yet by HubSpot. 

JaneLee

+++ Our clients cannot restart with a new chat bot and are getting the same bot responses. This will be very helpful to avoid client frustration when looking for an answer 

Screen Shot 2021-12-20 at 10.07.46 AM.png

krogala
Contributor

yes please! This would be great. Seems logical.