HubSpot Ideas

kagillespie

Choose which calendar(s) booked meetings appear on

While it certainly is great that we can now integrate multiple calendars in the Meeting tool, the events only appear on the default calendar.

It would be great if HubSpot offered the option to choose which calendar/s the events appeared on. For example, in the Meetings tool settings if there were a list of all the integrated calendars with the options to check off "Which calendars would you like to have booked meetings appear on?" so that you do not have to search through several different ones.

A use case example of this would be a customer that perhaps has several different calendars tracking different events at demos@company.com, consultations@company.com, and conventions@company.com. If they have employees booking meetings on all these calendars, sure we now pull the availability from both, but this can be a pain for users that might not have access to the default calendar or primarily use a different one.

HubSpot Updates
Not Currently Planned
April 27, 2020 03:58 PM

Hi Communnity,

Thank you all for sharing your feedback!

For transparency I am updating this issue to "Not Currently Planned" because we wont be able to get to this in the next quarter. 

Best,

Glen

26 Replies
briley
HubSpot Employee

Currently, it is possible to add and remove multiple calendars to the Meetings tool, but as the system is set up right now, an accounts default calendar MUST be used. It would be beneficial if it were possible to only assign a secondary calendar.
For example, I have a default calendar that I use to plan my work day and meetings within the office, but I want to block off time on that calendar to be available for Phone Calls with customers. If I block off that time on my default calendar but have a calendar set up for my contacts to set up meetings with me, the time I blocked off on my default calendar is considered unavailable for my secondary.

MoeMichaelSmith

I fully aggree. Currently I've got an email that has a calendar for personal items, a calendar for my project, and a calendar for my school schedule. My personal items are my default calendar, and every time I get a meeting booked through Hubspot, it sets it up as personal calendar event. If I go in and change it to one of my additional calendars, it duplicateds the meeting. I find this very frustrating, and I see the only recourse is to modify which one of my calendars is the default, which is certainly not ideal for me. 

mishab71

Yes! This is a must. The only reason I subscribed to the HubSpot Meetings feature was to be able to have meetings go on multiple connected calendars (and based on the availability on just those certain calendars), not adding the meeting to the main calendar based on availability on the connected calendars. Until I can get the functionality I need here, I'll be unsubscribing from that feature, because it's unfortunately of no use to me in its current state. 

DanielCENTURY
Contributor

I would love for this feature to be implemented. I have a couple of meeting links: one for me, for prospects to book phone time - and one for my wider team, to be embedded into our website, for prospects to book webinars at their convenience. I made a new calendar for the latter so that all slots would be available, but I cannot choose which meeting links to which calendar, rendering the second meeting link essentially useless unless we buy more Sales Pro accounts and dedicate one just to meeting booking, which is not likely.

noamkahn
HubSpot Employee

This is a great idea!!

bg0

Yes! I'm a bit suprised that this isn't already a thing

vcincotta

This would help us out a lot!

MarquisMurray
Participant

Yes! This is needed. With so many options for meeting types, it gets a bit confusing seeing one solid colour in the calendar and no quick way to see what type of meetings have been booked. Adding secondary and third calendar types would be amazing.

camilarissi

Mandatory to add that feature!

peteratkinson

This is a must

I connect the meetings tool to my personal calendar gmail account because that account will contain most of the conflicting events. And then I use shared calendars from my business gmail account. But I need the meetings to be booked on my business calendar event - this is needed feature!

glencornell
HubSpot Product Team

Hi Communnity,

Thank you all for sharing your feedback!

For transparency I am updating this issue to "Not Currently Planned" because we wont be able to get to this in the next quarter. 

Best,

Glen

Trelise

Are there any workarounds for this?

yoyoyo

It would be great to decide which calendar gets booked for which meeting link.

I'd also be happy to hear of any workarounds.

Ricardo_

This feature is definitely a must!

Please add this to the next quarter planning!

DanBrookes

i would love to see this feature added so we can provide the option for our prospects to book a meeting with a member of our sales team

obizmax9

good feature

NFree

I NEED this implemented! I have a calendar that is specifically for calls. I would love hubspot to automatically port into that calendar so I don't have the duplication issue others are mentioning. 

holodan
Participant

Totally agree with this idea! Mandatory function for effective and collaborative work.

Even greater would be the function to also choose the calendar to link with a meeting in terms of availabilities. I added another idea which fits good to this one:

https://community.hubspot.com/t5/HubSpot-Ideas/Choose-Calendar/idi-p/414948

SkeeStylus
Contributor | Partner

Totally agree.  Not requiring the default calendar to be used on each meeting link would solve so many problems.

acornandrew

We also require this feature or may need to look elsewhere for our scheduling system.