HubSpot Ideas

MVanhille

Choose to update or not the value of a property during an import

I would like to have the option to update or not the existing data when we import a file with contacts and properties.

For example, after an event, I want to import the participants and I have a column with the property "origin of the contact" where the value is the event. However, I don't want this value to be updated for the contacts who are already in my database on Hubspot and therefore already have a property.

I would like to have the option to choose to : 

- Update a property when it is it blank

- Keep the older value and not update it if there is one

- Update the value even if there is one

- Add the "new" value and also keep the "old" value

Thank you.

Mises à jour HubSpot
Statut mis à jour : Delivered
May 11, 2021 02:24 PM

Hi all! I'm Jeff, from the HubSpot CRM product team. We just released a new beta for import we're calling "Skip if known" (exact name of feature TBD by smarter people). This new option makes it possible to prevent overwrites from your imports if the property value on a specific record is already set.

For example, if the name property on a Contact record is set as "Jeff Vincent", and the name column in the import with the corresponding email is "Jerf Bincent", checking this box means the HubSpot value won't be overwritten.

For customers updating the data in their CRM through imports AND the UI, we hope this update helps you maintain more control over your data!

To get access while in beta, ask your HubSpot contact to add the "Skip if known" beta to your portal. We'll be going live to all soon.

2 Commentaires
AnnaScotland
Contributeur

This is 100% something we would like to be able to do, just had exactly this issue this morning.

Statut mis à jour : Delivered
jeffvincent
Équipe de développement de HubSpot

Hi all! I'm Jeff, from the HubSpot CRM product team. We just released a new beta for import we're calling "Skip if known" (exact name of feature TBD by smarter people). This new option makes it possible to prevent overwrites from your imports if the property value on a specific record is already set.

For example, if the name property on a Contact record is set as "Jeff Vincent", and the name column in the import with the corresponding email is "Jerf Bincent", checking this box means the HubSpot value won't be overwritten.

For customers updating the data in their CRM through imports AND the UI, we hope this update helps you maintain more control over your data!

To get access while in beta, ask your HubSpot contact to add the "Skip if known" beta to your portal. We'll be going live to all soon.