HubSpot Ideas

deborahl

Choose Cover for Instagram Videos

There is no setting to set the cover photo for Instagram Videos. Currently instagram video's cover photo will default to the first frame of the video, I prefer to choose the frame, especially when the first frame of the video is blank.

HubSpot Updates
Delivered
September 12, 2023 12:06 PM

14 Replies
tstack

Yes please!

Simon4
Participant

This fix would be very useful as currently having to post video through Instagrams app, deaming HubSpot redundant for this. It doesn't look good to have black thumbnails!

mg91
Participant

This is a massive pain for me and my client. Looks terrible having a black frame on the feed. We'll have to move our video scheduling elsewhere until this is fixed.

GeniusSteve

I second this Idea,  The IG cover photo option for videos is great so that there is no blank images on your Feed history. 

DCorbett

This really needs to be addressed! It's really inconvenient to be using multiple platforms to post to Instagram. Please update this soon!!

CMarschan

Another upvote from me, this is a crucial feature for posting videos and would therefore create a lot of value for us as Hubspot customers.. Please update this feature soon 

ICilliers

We second this, it really needs to be addressed. It's really inconvenient to be using multiple platforms to post to Instagram. Please update this soon as it is a cruicial part of having your Instagram being aestetically appealing!!

HBernerth

Hello, after over two years: What happened with that extremely useful feature? I still cannot find any way to choose the cover picture on Instagram videos, or is there a way I just don't know about? Any help highly appreciated 🙂

dimitreliasb
Contributor

Any upodate on this? Unless your video has something on the first frame and not a fade it will show up blank. On Instagram you just add a video cover but this feature is nto available with HubSpot. 

aaustin02

Yes, I'm also curious if there is any insight you can provide as this is really a pain when scheduleding vidoes and no way to pick a cover image.

Leeyman
HubSpot Product Team

yashton

We need this please! Our company has 21 locations, each with their own Instagram account. 

MikayaWallis

Completely agree! It looks so bad having a frame from the beginning of the reel as the cover. I have to go in and manually change it on the IG app. 

clioi
Top Contributor

Hi @Leeyman please can you confirm how this is delivered? I can't seem to be able to choose the cover image. Thanks