HubSpot Ideas

bksd1

Child / Parent relationships for deal objects

It would be great if you can associate a child deal to a parent deal (similar to Companies).

Use Case:

We run a creative agency and we win retainer deals where we will draw funds against the retainer. We would like to have a parent deal (Retainer), and associate each project deal. I would then want to create a workflow that decreases the amount in the retainer deal by the amount in the project (child) deal. In essence, this would be drawing down on the retainer and would be incredibly helpful for tracking and accounting for our deals.

I'm sure there would be other important uses for this as well. 

For example, we currently have deals tracked that are sold by our sales team, and then we have the payment deals tracked so that we can see all of our revenue received. It would be great to track these deals together so that we can audit and ensure that we have received payments on all of our deals. 

6 Replies
ElenaCovalent
Participant

Great point!

MKristiansen
Participant

Great idea - I am following this to see if this is doable.

ORydman

Following

jlat-newton
Participant

We also need this functionnality to keep track of cross-sell (children) deals related to a source (parent) deal. 

Instead we have to use a custom "Children deals" text property in which we right each child deal ID...

ACardy

Following this to see if it's doable. 

MWestenholz
Participant

We also really need this