HubSpot Ideas

yorambaron

Chatflows only support contact and companies properties

When you create a new action in the Chatflow, the "Save to HubSpot property" displays only contacts and companies property.

I would expect that Ticket properties will be displayed as well.

Regards,

Yoram

6 Replies
rwong
HubSpot Employee

Upvoting on behalf of a customer!

Use case: help contacts to easily differentiate chats created from support bots in web apps. It would be useful if we could insert Ticket tokens like "Ticket name" in the last message that's seen in the chat widget window after a chat closes.

Workaround for now: have bot ask visitor a question to store the topic in a custom contact property (e.g. "Ticket topic") > Insert this contact token into the last message of the bot

Test_in_my_own_portal_chatflow.jpg

Topic names captured in chat widget.png

Serretta
Participant

I spent a few hours working with someone from HubSpot trying to see if we could come up with a way to set a ticket propery (URL where the issue is occuring) based on asking a question in the chatflow.

We weren't able to get it to work because you can't set ticket properties from a chatflow or copy contact properties to a ticket property.

Would be great to get this addition from HubSpot.

There's also another similar thread with a great write up https://community.hubspot.com/t5/HubSpot-Ideas/Filling-additional-Ticket-Properties-when-customers-s...

Stanz
Participant

Exactly as @Serretta says, I also wrote an idea specifically for this topic. We really need this to be developed!

KjerstiBakke
Participant | Partner

I support this idea. So far we have to use a work around by creating both contact properties and ticket properties and copy the value from contact to ticket with a workflow. Difficult to maintain, and very easy to get lost and loose control.

MarkGM
Participant

Must have for a decent helpdesk platform. We can't come up with a viable workaround to automatically classify tickets. 😟

RQuinn9
Participant | Diamond Partner

I'm glad there's a couple workarounds for this, but like @KjerstiBakke said it's difficult to maintain, easy to get lost, and feels unnecessary to build out workflows for a feature that feels like it should be native to a chatbot. It doesn't make sense in a lot of cases to store ticket categories/responses in a contact record. Definitely upvoting this one!