HubSpot Ideas

TomHero

Chatflow: Editing and rearranging quick reply options

I've encountered a very annoying little thing while building a new chatflow for a chatbot: You can't edit or rearrange the answer options on a question once created.

This can lead to very frustrating situations and a lot extra work.

For instance, I made a typo on one of the options I created. I noticed my error later after I had already built a long chain of rules, messages etc. The option with the typo is the most important option on that particular question and it should be the first one on the face of an end customer. Unfortunately, without any editing or rearranging possibility, the only way to correct the error is to create ALL the options AGAIN and tie them to the correct if branches, AGAIN.

21 Replies
Msyvrais
Key Advisor

++

AGrunow

I agree that there should be an update for this. It's very annoying and time-consuming. Please Hubspot!

ABjorklund

+100!! 

There is also another thread about it here which dates back to 2018. perhaps go in and upvote and reply here too to make hubspot see it. 

https://community.hubspot.com/t5/HubSpot-Ideas/Chatbot-Quick-replies-edit-possibilities/idi-p/264516

TomHero
Participant | Partner

Thanks for pointing out that old thread about the same issue. I went and upvoted. 🙂 

KeyWestScott
Key Advisor

Upvoted this one and the other.  Unfortunately, many times it seems that HS never looks at these and this is just a place to "vent" and nothing really gets done.

MAguirre22

I totally agree that there should be an update. I also experienced the same problem and it´s frustrating and time consuming. 

ShreyaShah
Participant

Thanks for posting this! Completely agree, need a way to re-order answers, otherwise have to start from scratch again. Takes up a lot of time. 

JFischer5

if you delete the if/then part of the question/message you send, all of the following questions and messages appear and you can change them from there.

KeyWestScott
Key Advisor

Correct, but you still have to re-create the entire flow. IF you can remember what steps or branches followed, from that point on. If you're changing something towards the end of a flow, that may not be much of an issue.  But, if your change happens to be near the top.....

Scott

DMaryd

+1

Very frustrating!

ChrisRe

+1
Frustrating and really blocks an agile / creative workflow

KeyWestScott
Key Advisor

@ChrisRe Since this has been here for over a year, with no response from @HubSpot, I'd assume that they are doing nothing to fix this issue.

Suggest looking for another solution.

Scott.

MGonzales2
Participant

100%!!! The idea that we can't drag and drop Chatflow steps or Workflow steps like other CRMs are able to has been highly overlooked. Our ability to drag and drop the chatflow as part of a decision tree is just smart working. 

PS...I think it should also be redesigned as a decision tree for easier visualization of the IF/THEN statements. 

DerekVest

This isn't just annoying, it's a radical limitation. We are leveraging the chatbot because I appreciate the level of integration it has in objects. That said, this limitation might force me to switch back away to a different tool.

I also agree that the if/then functionality is a mess and certainly doesn't match the workflow paradigm. Working through if/then branches is highly confusing.

RMcDonnell6

Agree with all above. I kind of.... can't believe it.....! 😞

FredericQ
Participant | Partner

It's just unthinkable that this functionality is not present on a tool in production. As soon as there is the slightest text correction or the addition of a new option, you have to redo everything... incredible. When, in addition, you have to manage the tool in several languages, it becomes a nightmare.

JGardner90

This is madness that it's not supported. The product manager should be fired. 

SYoung0

As a new deployer of the chat function, not being able to edit is a completely absurd thing. In what world, as a marketer putting customer facing content, can you NOT change typos, text, etc. on a "CHAT" function?

You have an existing workflow feature that everyone uses and loves and you couldn't let us build chat in the same way? Cmon.

MPruitt

Agree that this would be incredibly helpful. The current process makes updating chatflows cumbersome and time-consuming.

On a related note, when you map a question in a chatflow to a drop-down field, the Quick Replies autopopulate with the drop-down values and you cannot edit them. I would love to be able to control which options appear and the specific text used in chatflows when linking to drop-down fields. For instance, our industry list is very long since it is used for multiple products/brands, but our chatflows are more targeted so I only want to show certain industries. 

SilvanaPSI
Participant

It's been 2 years and this is still not possible... wow.

Very frustrating having to start over for small typos or changes.