HubSpot Ideas

sd_elm

Auto create ticket for chat conversations

Our organization utilizes the auto create ticket for new email messages to help manage trends and reporting. While there are some canned reports for live chats, it is difficult to gleam WHY clients are chatting. To help rectify that, for now I have a ticket opened/closed per chat conversation. 

I would love to see a setting that would allow the Service Hub to auto create a ticket per chat conversation. I can then utilize custom fields for my reporting needs and ensure 100% of our chats are logged via tickets. Inbox_Rules.png

60 Replies
klarx

You can build something like this yourself, by creating a workflow with a conversation as a trigger and creating a ticket object as a result. It results in something very similar to the out of the box option for incoming emails, nonetheless it does not add the conversation to the timeline. It only adds the conversation object to the ticket, which is accessible on the right sidebar under "conversations". 

But I would appreciate an out of the box function for this too, as I was not able to access the content of the conversation and add it as a description or the like. It would also be great to reply in the timeline of the ticket to the chat message, like on is able to do with incoming emails.

Kidomu
HubSpot Product Team

Hey @LWilton , @klarx @JJumatay ,

My name is Kirsten and I work in HubSpot Support. I came across this idea post while researching something else. I just wanted to share that another idea post exists for this idea and our product team are providing updates on that post. You can find it here: Auto create ticket for chat conversations.

Have a lovely day,
Kirsten

Joacimbr
Participant

Its been more than a few months since HubSpot said they would look into this. Has there been any news? Maybe on a other thread or something?

One thing is that we should be able to make all chats into tickets automatically, but we should also be able to answer chats within tickets. Now we are forced to work in two seperate modules, Conversations and Service for the same purpose. With emails and forms we are atleast able to "forget" conversations module, but not with chat. The two modules should be merged in my opinion. 

jonasnordberg

Hi!

Our Support is only working with chats through Conversations, but due to e.g. our reporting needs we need to be able to create/log every received conversations as a ticket.

I've tried to look for ways to use workflows or chatflows to make this happen but with no results. We can create tickets manually out of the conversations but this is not a sound process.

I personally wouldn't even like to create tickets out of everything but since the conversation side doesn't offer similar status options, we have to deal with tickets to get accurate data out of e.g. our resolution times.

Really hoping for answers / development on this matter!

TH1
Participant

@cdewey22 what is the current status of this feature at HubSpot?

RSwitonski
Contributor

@cdewey22 

Has there been any update from your end on this? It has been nearly 2 years now without any update from what I can tell.

Having a ticket for chats is of huge importance to us for record keeping / reporting, otherwise chats are essentially a black hole for support!

LDocherty
Participant

Would love to see this one

JDENEL

👍

juangonzco

is it posible to do the opposite?

I mean, for each ticket created in any pipeline start a conversation? or at least have the ability to create a new one?

ChristianDDX

Throwing my hat to support this idea. It would be incredibly useful for us.

LPedahzur
Contributor

@cdewey22  - What's the update here? Live Chat SLAs are now live and with email connected inboxes you can automatically generate tickets. The documentation says that if we create tickets through workflows then the SLAs wouldn't count: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/inbox/set-slas-in-the-inbox#:~:text=Please%20note%3A%20SLAs%20will%20o....

SophiaRascon

@cdewey22 Hi team! Any update on this feature? I am in the process of implementing hubspot and took for granted that this option was already available!

LLynam
Participant

We have just looked into setting up chat and I didn't expect that we would need to manage it in the conversations inbox - this area is not fit for our purposes so would need to manage via a ticket. Its frustrating that there is little update on these community posts. Nothing from Hubspot since June 2020. Another example of how Service Hub is low priority for them.

JustinK8

Checking in on this as most other Service hubs like Fresh Works already has something similar. A chat comes in and when an agent closes the chat they can open a ticket for tracking. (What I do like about Hub Spot is the chat is tracked and stored at the customer contact level in Hub Spot, but a ticket would be really helpful)

Customer chats

Agnets respond

Agent closes/resolves chat and creates a ticket

Agent can then add more details to ticket if needed and close it. 

bfanelli

How come there have been no updates since 2020 on this when they said they'd update us in a "few months". We're paying a lot for Service Hub, why does it seem like Hubspot doesn't actually care about improving it? It should be a no-brainer that a new chat can be a ticket. 

SFyrand
Participant

Has HubSpot been able to solve this, 30 months later? We are also keen on having this feature in place, like we do for our inbox emails. Needed for chat as well. 

DDucrest

Would love to have an answer too.

BioracerBrent

Would love this feature for our reporting.

JGSmith123

I would like to add my vote to this as well. It definitely makes the workflow a little less smooth to have to manage all chats in the Inbox, rather than as a ticket. With a dedicated support staff, I can see that being very possible. But for solopreneuers or small teams, having the option to easily move a chat to ticket, or have it auto created as a ticket would be extremely helpful.

NinjaFOL
Participant

+1