HubSpot Ideas

evachengpointr

Chat-box harassment report

We got a really rude msg from our chat-box on our website. Is there anyway that we can filter this kind of msg (swearing words, inappropriate sexul harrasement comments) in the future? Would be appreciate if you guys could help with that. Many thanks.

13件のコメント
agroves
参加者

We've experienced the same issues/ concerns and would appreciate the ability to filter/block messages with obscene or vulgar words from reaching our team. We were able to do some research on our side and found that the messages reaching our team were coming from an IP address that's been flagged for brute force attacks, so there are security concerns involved as well. 

Thanks!

MattP
メンバー

Ditto, my client asked for the same functionality.

stowers
参加者

Yes, this is something we could really use!

LOConnor123
トップ投稿者

This would be great if we could add a profanity filter.

I have seen similar requests in another thread. Is this something in the works?

Can we set our own keywords to prompt a "we do not tolerate abuse" message, and then close the chat?

Any insight into this would be greatly appreciated!

@jennysowyrda 

craftylafty
メンバー

Agree completely. In this day and age, we should have a way to filter out form responses in general that include hate speech, profanity, etc. It goes against the Terms of Service for many companies, including Hubspot's. Yet they don't have a feature for this.  

SWallace0
参加者

This is urgently needed. 

DoraMeleg
投稿者

We need this option too

LOConnor123
トップ投稿者

Does anyone read acknowledge or respond to these?

LMullan
メンバー

Thank you for asking this question about inbound HubSpot chats.  It would be helpful to have steps we can take to protect our employees from inbound inappropriate messages.  Today, we received an inappropriate photo via chat that was sexually explicit.  Are there steps to not only filter for language, but also to disable the ability for a chat user to send a photograph?  Are there ways to source the IP of a chat user and a place we can report their IP if they are harrassing employees of our company?  Thank you.

SWallace0
参加者

This is URGENT....come on HubSpot!

SLaous
メンバー

Would be great to have the filtered messages feature!! No one deserves to be harassed.

AtchayaJayabal
メンバー

Yes, adding this feature will filter out profane and abusive incoming messages in live chat. Would be great if you add this feature at the earliest!

KarenMorgan
メンバー

One thing you might want to look into is setting up filters to catch inappropriate language and harassment. I remember a similar situation when I was moderating a forum. We implemented some filters and it made a big difference. Also, it's a good idea to educate your community about respectful communication. I once had to deal with online blackmail myself, and it was a wake-up call to tighten security measures.