HubSpot Ideas

Bryan

Minimum/Maximum Number of Characters in a Field

Ability to require minimum/maximum number of charcters in a form field. This would prevent users from entering a "space" to get through the required field. My application is for a zip code, where the user must enter 5 characters.

63 Comentarios
scotts
Participante

I like this concept.  If you could control the format of a field as well for things like phone numbers.  This way everything is entered the same way no matter who enters it.

amybeans
Participante

I'm glad that this is on the idea forum. We have a critical need for min/max number of characters for the postal code to validate that the code is legit. We divvy leads out to our sales team by the first three digits of a zip code. We use smart lists to segment leads by sales rep and then workflows to route the lead alert. However, if someone from Boston enters 2141 instead of 02141, this totally messes up our lead routing logic. The lead goes to our sales rep covering Baltimore (where zips begin with 214) instead of to our rep covering Boston (where zips begin with 021).

Help!

tlorang
Colaborador | Partner

This is needed on forms. It seems that this is a pretty common feature on other platforms, forms on WordPress for example. 

I am asking people for short tips, but have no way to enforce the length of thier submissions. 

I vote for this feature. 

Tim 

weberr90
Participante

Agreed, this is a basic functionality in Marketo, but is missing in hubspot for some reason. Please add this function in a way that doesn't require hard coding it onto the form. 

Clara-champ
Miembro

up !

Bryan
Participante

This is now a feature.

Screen Shot 2018-09-20 at 9.52.49 AM.png

FlorianeMota
Miembro | Partner nivel Diamond

100% with you ! 

MauricioCR
Miembro

Up! 100%, Let me know when this is created, I'll be happy to use it and give feedback for improvements.

SimoneM
Colaborador

I'd like have it too

assi
Guía

+1! I need this feature

siatarola
Miembro

I think it would be a good idea to have the option to impose a character limit for single line text properties.

We recently had an issue where answers on a certain form field were over 2000 characters wouldn't process in our CRM (integrated to HubSpot).  We are making the adjustment on the CRM's end, but it would be cool to have that option in HubSpot as well.

ChrisAdams479
Miembro

Yes - We have Salesforce integration issues because we cannot limit to 55 characters for address.

hidogphillip
Miembro

Yes, I would like to know if there are any way to control the character limit of text fied in Hubspot form?

Lexi_life
Miembro

When using it for "Contact" property, it must have a character limit. Its a basic functionality which is missing in HubSpot, please do try to implement it.

ozgesila
Colaborador

Yes we really need this, in terms of security concerns

lnglkcpx
Participante

Our hubspot is connected to quickbooks. Quickbooks limits the number of charactors you can use in a company name + full address. We constantly have sync issues because QB cannot accept such a long string of characters so then reps have to go back in to resolve, touching records multiple times unnecessarily. 

If we could set the max characters for fields such as Company Name and our Billing Address info (basically any text based field) this would be a life saver!

SVentocilla
Miembro

@lnglkcpx It's causing issues with our QuickBooks syncing as well. Being able to set a maximum character length for a field in HubSpot would be very helpful.

ikeskes
Miembro

This composant is very important. 

In our process, tickets Hubspot are generated one the form is submitted.  After that, a ticket JIRA is created (Integration API). The problem is in JIRA, we are limited with the nbre of caracters. otherwise, the ticket will not be created==> It is blocking for us

DMartinez
Miembro

character and/or word limit, please

YiRui_Chua
HubSpot Employee

Hi team,

Commenting for a customer here.

It can be crucial for us to set a minumum or maximum length for a text field on HubSpot! This field can then be used in forms. It is important because it would help to prevent people from "bypassing" the required text field easily.

Thanks!