HubSpot Ideas

lrn24

Task Due Date Time

When creating a task, it defaults to being due at 5 pm. There is no way to change the default for this. You need to manually change every task which is time-consuming. There should be an option for default this time to one of your choosing. 

176件のコメント
Sales1
参加者

Yes to eloyd and all of this.  We should be able to set custom follow-up intervals and set our own default task time in the "create follow up task" function.  I want to be able to use 1 week, 2 weeks, 1 month, etc.  It is ridiculous to have to set this on a calendar every single time and would be so much more convenient to be able to (easily, not buried in a settings sub-menu) customize the items on the list.

Mattintheweb
メンバー

So dearly needed!

SaraFonz
メンバー

Please please please prioritise - this would help greatly in work flow efficiency

eloyd
参加者

Get used to disappointment.  HubSpot doesn't seem to want to implement any of the minor chnages that would make this platform more productive than a duck with Excel.

GunnarWrobel
メンバー

Setting sane defaults would be something we could use as well スマイリー ハッピー

Milescroft
メンバー

Agreed! Mine's 8am and as much as I'm in favour of getting things done early, I have to change the time EVERY TIME I create a new task. A new default would be great!

cyrusg
メンバー

Yep.. would love to be improved. It's a pain to change EVERY task to a different time. 

eloyd
参加者

Get used to disappointment. HubSpot doesn't seem to want to implement any of the minor chnages that would make this platform more productive than a duck with Excel.

bethjackson
メンバー

Having the ability to change the default due date time would be ideal. I don't usually start working until 9am and would prefer that as the default time, so having 8am as the default time is annoying. I'm sure everyone has their own preferences for the ideal default time, so having the ability to change it would be an ideal — and much used — feature to add.

eloyd
参加者

This was originally requested on ‎01-02-2019 03:15.  That's more than 9 months ago.  Not a single response from HubSpot folks on this thread.

Get used to disappointment.  They'll never update it.  They'll never make this simple, essential change.  They are too busy trying to get your CRM data in their marketing platform so they can charge you insane fees for sending emails to customers that you can't even integrate back into your CRM.  Hubspot has no incentive to apply even a single line of code updates to their CRM software at this point.

Switch to Excel and save yourself the headaches.

WillTBC
メンバー

Would love to have a simple way to change the default from "tomorrw" to how our company decides best... Should be an easy change in the settings...please kee me updated

Example: Change Defautl from "tomrrow" to "your system so you choose the date" kind of situation.

Seems simple from my end but........

eloyd
参加者

It is simple.  But HubSpot gets no money by doing it, so they won't.  

So long, HubSpot.  We're going back to paper and whiteboards because they're more responsive and provide more features!

gelflex-cc
キーアドバイザー

@blodge @roisinkirby  It would be helpful for those time zones that are known for the default task to set to what their time zones 8 am would be in your timezone.  For example. If the contact is in Hawaii and I am in Eastern time, add 6 hours to the default so it is 2 pm not  8 am. This way we are not wasting time calling before someone is open.   I would skip that task till later. 

RC_PM
メンバー

I am another one who would really benefit from at least a company-wide default task due date and default ticket due date.

It appears that since this thread was created, HubSpot's first take on it was that 5pm made more sense because it's the end of the day, and if it were 8:00 am, then these would always be red, or overdue.

It seems that it now defaults to 8:00 am always, which is the exact opposite what they said.

PLEASE can we set a default time. Or can we tell you what our default time is and HubSpot can hard-code this for our company??

ParrallelUVers
メンバー

Currently, tasks default to 3 days from now and I would like to be able to configure my default setting for the task due date. I personally prefer tomorrow as a default -which was the recent setting until it changed to 3 days from now.

eloyd
参加者

Get used to disappointment.

-Princess Bride

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nZIlAExvneo

jmadore
HubSpot Employee

HubSpot recently made an update to change the default task due date to 3 business days. I've had a number of customers call in wondering if there is a way to change this in HubSpot, which there isn't.

A great tool for our customers would be to set default values for the due date when create tasks, as well as the default time.

emilyhill
メンバー

This would also be helpful for my team to be able to change the default date. Tomorrow worked well for us in our industry, and it's a bit fiddly to always change them from 3 days to tomorrow. Thanks!

Dispinner
メンバー

I have this frustration everyday. I use task reminders a lot and I waste a lot of time changing the default task reminder time from 8am to 10am. It is quite unproductive. A feature to reset the default time for tasks and also for the default time for sequences would be a great addition to the HubSpot toolbox!

The_Stig
参加者

You should also be able to default the "Email reminder" from "The day of" to "No reminder".