HubSpot Ideas

yorame

Change timestamp of a note in the deal or contact timeline

Great idea for HubSpot: make it possible to change the date that belongs to a note in the timeline. My sales colleagues don't always submit their notes on the day of a certain meeting/event, and by adding them later they don't appear at the right spot on the timeline of a deal or contact.

E.G.: Tom has a meeting on June 5th, but submits a note about it to the deal or contact card in HubSpot on June 9th. How can we make sure that the note is added to the timeline as if it was posted on June 5th?

47 Replies
PhilipUglow
Participant

I agree with yorame. We have the same recurring issue. I know you can pin the note. A handy feature. But it doesn't address this issue.

jeandereydellet

I second that. It doesn't sound too complicated to add this feature, and it would add true flexibility.

iainranu
Participant

I'm sure it will not be added.  There is likely to be an objection. 

Think of it this way Hubspot.  It's a more attractive option to bring new customers from other CRM's so that we can retrospectively change manually added note history.

It really is a no-braniner to have this feature.

Consensus

Would be very helpful!

Dunkirk
Participant

Hubspot supports changing the date on a call activity - why not on a note?

Consensus

I agree - would be incredibly valuable

FredB

This feature would definitely be a great added value to have notes displayed in the right order within the activity feed 

DrPhilApplauz
Participant

So it's been 2 years and nothing was done with this idea?  Someone from HS please take the lead...

mdoug-e-fresh

I love this idea as well.  I still use paper to record notes while on the go and a lot of times it can be several days or weeks before I transcribe back into Hubspot. IT would be ideal to be able to change the date of the notes

nemaro

I´m pretty sure, this feature existed in the old version of hubspot. Since we´ve done the update, the option is not available any more. 

Please bring it back!!!

406Alley
Participant

Yes, please. Here we are 2.5 years later and this has not been added? Seems pretty basic. I am new to HS. Does HS ever reposnd to these inquiries here? 

yorame

Never, unfortunately. I don't think this idea portal works!

DigitalMarketer

Pinging this thread to keep it live -- would love to have this ability to change the date on a Hubspot note!

CharlesFreeman

I second this as well.  It is absolutely ridiculous to not be able to backdate a note so that it shows up in correct chronological order.

How about we create this amazingly complex CRM that can curate any amount of information imaginable, but then cripple it with a terrible oversight?  I might as well use a piece of paper.  Calls and emails can be logged and backdated correctly, but if a note wasn't taken at exactly the right time, the order of events will be erroneous.  The only viable workaround I can see is to never log calls or emails - instead ONLY use notes to ensure that everything is chronological.  Why am I even using a CRM?

cinchws

+1 on this. We're migrating in from a few other systems, it would be nice to match up dates on notes.

TimK

I agree!

Brennon
Contributor

I am moving my team out of excel and into the CRM deals. I would love to be able to backdate the notes to keep up with which deals have not been worked lately. For example, the create date on a deal I just uploaded is 7/30/2019, the last note from the seller in the excel file was from 2/28/2020 but  the note I added to HubSpot is dated 1/25/2021, so it looks like the deal was worked today but really it's been nearly a year.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for sharing your feedback and use cases with us! While this is not currently on our immediate roadmap, we will continue to monitor this Idea to prioritize this with our other requests.

RChapman7

I agree.

We really need to be able to change the date/time on logged notes. Otherwise it is all out of sync!

reycepeda
Participant

We'd greatly benefit from this. Missing feature from our old CRM.