HubSpot Ideas

DCollins

Change the date of notes. Especially on a deal so I can note when I "actually" took the note.

I would like to be able to change the date of notes. Especially on a deal so I can note when I "actually" took the note.

7 Replies
kreiner2006
Participant

Occasionally for whatever reason sales might not enter that note same day and they would need to update as mentioned above, but when we imported our previous notes, we have one date for all those notes instead of a range spanning multiple years.  Now we can't use reports based on dates to measure and must read inside the note to see when the activity took place. I'd be surprised if this is the first time this was suggested, but critical to maintain accurate data. 

DCollins

I agree. I think this is important. 

NGot
Participant

I totally agree!

faithantion
Contributor

This is an important feature for Company, Contact and Deal notes. HubSpot has categorized at least one similar Idea as "Not Currently Planned" but there are common reasons this idea keeps coming up: users are human, notes are not always centrally managed and we don't/can't always enter notes in HubSpot at the time we take them. I'd like to encourage our users to make more use of HubSpot notes but the inability to backdate them and create a more accurate note timeline is a limitation. HubSpot, please re-consider this Idea.

ASchneider18

This is so so so important! I can't always get to writing my notes immediately. In fact, it may be months later, depending on how that deal is going. I REALLY need to be able to change the date, so that we can keep this sequential. 

eduardanedeff

totally agree!!!

JJackson60

This is definitely a feature that needs to be added. Given how long a time it's been since the question was first asked and that there have been several requests for it, I'm surprised it's still not available. Surely it isn't so hard to fix?