HubSpot Ideas

KNewmanRyan

Change email address or HubSpot account associated to Community Profile

Just raising this idea on behalf of a customer. 

The customer will be leaving their current role soon and will no longer have access to their current HubSpot account. They were looking to change the email address or HubSpot account related to their current community page. This is not possible, I would like to raise the idea as a product feature in the future. 

Thanks so much

12 Commentaires
birdman
Contributeur

When changing employer, a user of the HubSpot community will currently loose all of his ideas posted and badges that have been received - because the email address cannot be changed. This is rather painful for HubSpot advocates who are moving on.

elanashama
Contributeur de premier rang

Totally agree! This is something that's always on my mind, and is supported on most platforms.

To be honest, I think this is a basic functionality that HubSpot is severly lacking. 

Statut mis à jour : Delivered
jennysowyrda
Gestionnaire de communauté

Hi everyone! Thank you for submitting this idea. The ability to update the email address for your Community user is possible through your HubSpot account, or by partnering with the Community team if you no longer have access to your email. There are two options to make this update: 

1. Your Community user will associate with the email address within your HubSpot account. If you update your email address within your account and then log into the Community through HubSpot, your email address will update to reflect the email address within your account. 

2. If you are unable to update the email address within your HubSpot account, you can connect with the HubSpot Community team directly through the Community and we can transfer your established Community user to a new email address. 

Please let me know if you have any questions! 

elanashama

Thank you @jennysowyrda , that's awesome!

birdman
Contributeur

That's great to hear @@jennysowyrda 

Thx

elanashama

Hi @jennysowyrda , I've just started a new job at a new company, and I'd like to transfer my community profile to my new HubSpot account email address.

My new email is: elanas@otonomo.io. Are you the person to speak to in order to get this done? 

Herman
Participant | Partenaire solutions Elite

How can I get my emailaddress changed of my community account here? I'm leaving the agency where I worked for 8 years and don't want to leave my history of community engagement. 😉

nthatcher-airbr
Contributeur

@jennysowyrda I am trying to update my email address on my Hubspot account and cannot find how to do this in my settings page. What I've done so far is change my email address in Settings-->General-->Email to reflect only my new email address I would like to change my community email address to. However, when I click on my name drop-down, it still shows the email address of my company. 

My last day is Friday and I wanted to make sure that my profile here in the community page is not lost 

birdman
Contributeur

@nthatcher-airbr Connect with HubSpot support, they are able to help you. Good luck

Statut mis à jour : Delivered
MiaSrebrnjak

Hi everyone, I wanted to update this thread and share the current process: 

It's not possible to self-serve and update your email address in the Community settings at the moment. Please fill out the form on this page and the Community team will update the email address for you: https://www.hubspot.com/community-change-email-request

Thank you!

Mia, Community team  

KristeenRomero
Participant | Partenaire solutions Platinum

Thanks for the update, @MiaSrebrnjak! Does that form also help with changing the email address on the connect.com account or would that be a completely separate process altogether? I'd really like to keep my existing one, rather than start a new one.

MiaSrebrnjak

Hi @KristeenRomero, thanks for the tag!

Changing the email address on connect.com and on the Community are two separate processes, but they follow the same logic: you'd also need to create a new profile on connect.com so we can transfer your data from the old profile to the new one. 

Feel free to send me a direct message via my Community profile if you need help updating your email address! 🙂 

Cheers
Mia, Community Team