HubSpot Ideas

TCoughlan

Change default filters in contact/company view

Can there be a way to change the current default filters in contact/company view so you can choose your most popular filters rather than having to find them under more filters and not have filters there that are rarely used.

46 Replies
user2384734
Contributor

100% agree with this. This should be seriously considered. If we can create custom views and fields, why not be able to set default filters on the view page. I never use the default filter fields, such as Contact Owner or Create Date...or at least VERY rarely. I would think Hubspot would want to make it possible to set default filters that users frequently use. 

For example, I have created several custom fields which I use ALL the time, in order for me to filter on this in my contacts, I have to go to More Filters option, select and then apply. Too many steps and just annoying, given that I never use the standard 4 filters that are taking up space on the screen. This would greatly increase the ease of using the tool as well as reduce lost time going though the More Filters. 

It would be great to see this feature added.

tybo9188
Participant

+1

SaShi

This feature would be very helpful to enhance user and stakeholder acceptance.

jeanalves

It's really annoying have this default filters there that I maybe never use, I am really looking forward to this be changed and be able to use the filters that I think that are more important for me.

Herman
Participant | Elite Partner

Correct. The leadstatus field on contact views is not needed in a usecase and will bring now confusing for endusers.

rprasad1

This feature will be very helpful

NKhamroalieva

Please add this feature

Tselani
Participant

This would be an extremely useful feature. Whether we leave it up to the users or as an admin feature where we can set this for each record type would be very helpful.

CCaffrey
Contributor

1000% agree with this feature request.  Rarely am I searching for Name, Phone, Company.  We should be able to change the default in order to quickly search other custom fields.  Please change this!

RGerring
Participant

Yes, I'd really like this. I want to filter by Industry, especially now that I know how to add custom Industries to the list.

VMolloy

Yes I would really like this to be added, I want to filter my deals by project name, its annoying to have to use more filters when I never need the default ones

JMcDougal

Yes, please add this!

CRavenda

Totally agree. It would be super powerful having the possibility to set default filters according to company priorities in DEAL too

BSong
HubSpot Employee

Agreed! Had a customer who would find this useful. While views helps accomplish this, being able to change these default filters would help since not all are used often

IStolarski

Great idea, please take it into consideration in future updates

TJelsma
Participant | Platinum Partner

Yes please! 

SSangapu

Yes... this is important

Ingo-M
Participant

This is really needed.

We have different teams that are responsible for a contact in a specific step in the funnel.

So besides the default contact owner we have other custom properties of the type "HubSpot User". I want to provide views based on the state of the contact and in addition filter the views for the respective user in the relevant team.

If I would be able to change the default filter of contact_owner = me to let´s say interviewer = me a lot of issues would be solved.

I see myself building internal tools next to HubSpot because of such missing features which is really ridiculous.

SPalencia

This idea would be super helpful for our teams, as certain activities automated arent relevant when dealing with the contacts therefore it really clogs up their screen

Gabry

I have a ton of workflows that I run in the backend for specialized reporting but it confusing our users and I don't want them to even think about it and right now they wouldn't have questions if they didn't see the workflow activity.