HubSpot Ideas

Christine

Change Owner on Email Template

Allow all super admins to change owner on email template. It's a simple idea. Someone who worked for our company 5 years ago and is no longer here owns the template. Just the appearance of his name as the owner can be a deterrant for other sales members to use the template.  I can't clone the template because I've reached my max of 5. I can't change the user because HubSpot doesn't offer this functionality. I'm not going to upgrade my account just to change a template owner. Fix this HubSpot

36 Replies
SvonAppen

when will this feature be available?

Justin_Anderson

Seconded. When an employee leaves or gets let go, it needs to be easy for a Super Admin to change ownership of all Templates, Snippets, Views, etc.

Not having this feature creates some arbitrary problems with HubSpot portals.

-J

mhoran

Yes, I thought for sure we just weren't looking in the right place to re-assign ownership of an Email Template but apparently not.  When a user is removed it would actually be nice to be prompted for who to re-assign ownership of Email templates to.

Kevin-Mullins
Member | Diamond Partner

Throwing some shade on the product team.

Dozens of replies to the original request...going back years. Still no response+feedback from the HubSpot team?? Either Super-Admins can make universal changes like updating template ownership or they're not really Super-Admins, are they?

Please allow us to change template ownership @hubspot

marcy730
Contributor

I agree with everyone else on this. Right now we have 70 owners and soon enough that will be double. Its a long list, and I truly don't have the time to login into each individuals account to make a template for them. Then to have to do this everytime someone new starts or someone leaves. 

scottspaid
Member | Partner

+1

MPrashar

This should be implemented asap! This is a fudamental functionality.

RickHudson

Why is this taking so long to fix?  I'm the 67th upvote.  Is that not enough to fix what seems to be an easy fix?

KevinYeh

Our company is on the Starter plan. What I can do as Super Admin is to use an existing template, save as a new template and delete the old template owned by a previous employee. This is my way of workaround.

JdeRocquigny
Contributor

@KevinYeh The issue for that with us is that we lose the analytics of the template which is not ideal.

LRosenberger

+1

RBeale
Participant

Has this not been resolved yet, seems a fairly basic / fundamental requirement....

Jaytwon

Seriously, come on Hubspot team. Maybe less time on useless functionality like playbooks 🙄 and more time getting the basics right.

RBeale
Participant

Over three years since this was first requested and not even an acknowledgement from Hubspot.  

MarshallJames
Participant

Has this ever been resolved?

GBailey
Member | Platinum Partner

Would love to see this happen. Like others we have templates created for our clients by users that have long left the business.