HubSpot Ideas

Christine

Change Owner on Email Template

Allow all super admins to change owner on email template. It's a simple idea. Someone who worked for our company 5 years ago and is no longer here owns the template. Just the appearance of his name as the owner can be a deterrant for other sales members to use the template.  I can't clone the template because I've reached my max of 5. I can't change the user because HubSpot doesn't offer this functionality. I'm not going to upgrade my account just to change a template owner. Fix this HubSpot

36 Comentarios
costarica
Miembro

Yes, this would be very helpful!  We have had so many employees over the years and it is inconvenient when working on templates that they are not assigned to me as the Owner. The only work around I have right now is cloning them and then making myself the new owner. But for 450+ templates I don't have time to do that.
Thank you for your help with this Hubspot!

VCheung
Colaborador

Bump.

Not sure why this is even restricted. Would be highly benificial regarding all the points Christine and costaricapointed out.

Please implement this as we require our reps to only use company approved templates and it would be great to create templates on behalf of reps  for approval and then change owerership for their use

I am using the sharing option for specific users and teams to address this but the original issue will arise when we have hundreds of templates and no way to change the ownership

Thanks and regards

VCheung
Colaborador

Hi Team,

Could we please get some feedback on this please. This is already becoming a proplem with the few templates we have created.

Looking forward to any update and feedback please.

kjfloyd
Miembro

This is causing problems for our team as well.

TChabrol
Miembro

Hi, this feature would be very helpful for our team as well. Templates are nice in terms of productivity, but the display of all templates per owner decreases this same productivity. 

LKrause
Participante

Just ran into this issue today. As a super admin why can I not be able to change an owner of a template so I make edits?  Very silly restriction.  Hubspot - what are you doing about it?  I can't image if we had hundreds of templates that needed to be updated!  

Juan_Monedero
Miembro

Indeed a very useful feature that we certainly indeed. Embarassing to use a template made by someone not in the company anymore.

JdeRocquigny
Colaborador

I completely agree!  Should also have the option top change the owner on a sequence.

jschroeffel
Colaborador | Partner nivel Platinum

Sigh.  Again another basic function that HubSpot simply doesnt allow. the amount of friction i find in the software each week is staggering.  As an agency the fact that I cannot create a template and make a member of the sales team the owner of that template is just off.  Same with sequences. I can't clone a sequence and give that ownership to my team. Frustrating.

CKjeldsen
Miembro

+1 on all above. 

BramvanAst
Miembro

As an Agency we support a number of Hubspot clients.
This feature, to be able to add the From Name and From Emailaddress (Taken form a Hubspot User to be selected), is absolutely required.
As a Hubspot-user/admin  you should be able to create email-templates that will be part of a sequence sent by a Company or Department of a Company (or a user different from the person that creates the email-templates)

How can this be solved or is there a work-around?

reycepeda
Participante

This is needed. Flawed design to not have it out of the box. 

KFillo1
Miembro

This!! It's been a year and a half since this idea was submitted!

Certinifo
Participante

Just going to comment here because this is something extremely annoying at our firm aswell... 

We have consultants, part-time sales and temporary support in sales and every single time we let them create templates, we have issues of transferring ownership to the right person. 

Can we please add this feature??? It's been over a year and a half and nothing happened so far. 

jschroeffel
Colaborador | Partner nivel Platinum

I get notifications on these boards.  I have probably about 3-4 active threads like this.  The last several comments all contain something like "a year and a half and..."  

Then I love when someone at support or anywhere at HS says "that isn't in the roadmap right now, but put it in the community forum or ideas forum".  <blackhole>My Problem</blackhole>

REcheandia
Miembro

Another request from a SuperAdmin of an Enterprise account to please add this feature.   If I could change the owner of existing templates it would make it much much easier for the sales reps to use the templates feature.

theDigitalCCH
Miembro

+1 for the feature.  Needed!

kjfloyd
Miembro

Completely negligent on the part of hubspot. Will use a different service next time. May not renew for this current project either 

lgagen
Participante

I absolutely agree! We want to use templates across users, but can't due to this "owner" restriction.  Bummer!

mnerad
Miembro

This problem was addressed nearly two years ago and is still not fixed. Is there a reason this is not a functionality? Seems like a pretty easy ask and is an issue for more than one user. One of my employees wants to keep old email templates in a seperate folder, but does not want them to show up in his template selection when sending emails out of HubSpot. Since you are only able to select templates by owner, and not by template folder, this clutters his selection. Why, as a super admin, do I not have the capability to change the owner of email templates?