HubSpot Ideas

Hadar1

Case sensitive Links

It seems that HubSpot does not differentiate between cases in hyperlinks, and, in fact, at times has changed the case of letters in links in emails I have sent. My organization uses case-sensitive links, and on multiple occasions have sent out emails only for the links to be rendered broken. It would be great if this could change!

HubSpot Updates
Re: Case sensitive Links - changed to: Not Currently Planned
January 15, 2019 05:31 AM

Appreciate the example provided @Hadar1, we're having a lot of trouble reproducing the issue you're seeing on our side so I've asked Kate, who you were working with in Support, to reopen the ticket you had last week and walk through a few more troubleshooting steps to establish if we can reproduce the issue as it seems more like a bug than a new feature. The tool should already be maintaining case sensitivity on links so this wouldn't be a new feature more than something we'll need to fix up if broken. Going to close the status of this idea post to match that and I'll keep a close eye on the support ticket to see if we're able to get to the bottom of what may have caused you to see an issue with link case sensitivity. Thanks!

January 14, 2019 10:23 AM

Hi @Hadar1, wanted to follow up here, from our testing we can't seem to reproduce the issue that you're seeing. If possible would you be able to provide an example URL that you're seeing break when included in a Marketing Email in HubSpot?

January 14, 2019 07:51 AM

Hi @Hadar1, appreciate you taking the time to reach out. Not 100% sure what might be causing what you're seeing here but I've shared your feedback with my team to see if there's anything we can do to help out.

4 Replies
Shay
HubSpot Product Team

Hi @Hadar1, appreciate you taking the time to reach out. Not 100% sure what might be causing what you're seeing here but I've shared your feedback with my team to see if there's anything we can do to help out.

Shay
HubSpot Product Team

Hi @Hadar1, wanted to follow up here, from our testing we can't seem to reproduce the issue that you're seeing. If possible would you be able to provide an example URL that you're seeing break when included in a Marketing Email in HubSpot?

Hadar1

Sure- I had a ticket with HS support about it. In a recent email- this link had the cases changed, effectively breaking it.

Shay
HubSpot Product Team

Appreciate the example provided @Hadar1, we're having a lot of trouble reproducing the issue you're seeing on our side so I've asked Kate, who you were working with in Support, to reopen the ticket you had last week and walk through a few more troubleshooting steps to establish if we can reproduce the issue as it seems more like a bug than a new feature. The tool should already be maintaining case sensitivity on links so this wouldn't be a new feature more than something we'll need to fix up if broken. Going to close the status of this idea post to match that and I'll keep a close eye on the support ticket to see if we're able to get to the bottom of what may have caused you to see an issue with link case sensitivity. Thanks!