HubSpot Ideas

diamondglobal

Call companies not associated to contacts directly

It would be great if we could call a "company" out of the CRM when we don't have an official "contact" there.  

49 Replies
mmdeneen
Participant

I concur.  I am shocked this feature was not here, and even more shocked this hasn't been added!  We need the call the main company phone line often in order to call different depts and finding a lead!  PLEASE ADD THIS ASAP!  We cannot be making up contacts in order to call through the main line

TPHG

this is extremely important as a paid hubspot customer I would like to add my input. having to create a contact for corporate numbers messes with our data and makes the database less clean and more unfriendly to use, which was part of why we are considering switching the entire company over to hubspot in the first place. this should be an easy change to implement! thanks

bwright

@hroberts is there any update on this? 

ShawnColbert

@hroberts I second this, has there been any progress on this? We REALLY need you all to look into this for us as we are losing productivity each day by not having this feature. I can't imagine this change can be too difficult? 

brheath13

YES YES YES!!!! Do you know how much time I spend making a fake contact to only have to update/delete through the long and laborious tasks of outbound prospecting? Please give me some thread of sanity back and add this to the application. 

mmdeneen
Participant

@hroberts- this should be an easy fix!  Why is this taking so long?  Any new updates?  It is sorely needed for cold calling.

Kristen
HubSpot Employee

It would be great if you could call the associated company on the deal record even if there wasn't a contact associated to the deal record. 

Kristen
HubSpot Employee

It would be great if you could call the associated company on the deal record even if there wasn't a contact associated to the deal record. At this time,clients will have to right click the associated company to be able to call the company directly. 

ngurney
Contributor

This is also a must have for our company. Please get this taken care of.

Kanefire
Contributor

@hroberts, This request was almost a year ago... what is going on at Hubspot??? This feature is more than helpful, it is critical and not having it is costing us time and resources, not just on our side, but we are getting charged extra on the Hubspot side too. In order to keep our SDRs efficient we import "without an email" to create a blank contact so they don't have to. That blank contact takes up room on our "marketing contact" allotment at $.10/mo/contact. This is ABSOLUTELY ridiculous. Hubspot is making money at our cost, not our successand is creating a negative user experience for us.

JennPape
Contributor

I don't think it's currently possible to call a company without a contact, but ideally, that would be a great feature to have.

Often I don't have a specific contact in mind, or I'd just like to call without the added step of selecting who I'm calling. 

MA

I agree... this seems to be a reoccuring question and request and for my company we absolutly need to be able to call the Company even though we do not yet have a contact (which is actually the purpose of the call)

Emmanouil
Participant

Hi Guys 

Let's help each other to make this happen as it has taken far too long!

Thanks in advance. 

Emmanouil  

https://community.hubspot.com/t5/HubSpot-Ideas/Hello-HubSpot-Stating-the-obvious-Able-to-contact-a-c...

hroberts
HubSpot Product Team

Kanefire
Contributor

Planning... YES!!! ty @hroberts

mmdeneen
Participant

Very excited for this to be established and functional @hroberts

Emmanouil
Participant

@hroberts

Thanks for changing this to planning. Could you please also consider to allow to be able to send individual (no mass ) email to the companies?

All companies have a   generic email that we use the first time we contact them and as soon we get a personal email we then add the person to the contact.

If Hubspot is afraid that we are going to use this method to avoid creating contacts so we do not pay then it's not the case as it should not be allowed to mass mail companies. 

Please also note that Inbound is the way to go marketing wise, however, the CRM is not only used for inbound.  CRM, especially in B2B, is also used for cold calling from most of us. 

Thanks 

Emmanouil 

Kanefire
Contributor

@Emmanouil Considering we would not be paying for contacts if we didn't use their marketing CRM, it's a terrible policy to have us paying for them because we choose to. Hubspot either needs to charge on the Sales CRM side, or not charge for sales created contacts on the marketing side.

It really is an insane policy to penalize clients for paying for more features. What makes it infuriating is that contacts cost almost nothing in terms of storage and server load. It is purely an ideology enforcement mechanism on their marketing side that is bleeding into the sales side.

Emmanouil
Participant

@Kanefire . I agree with you 100% regarding paying for contacts.

But I believe Hubspot is trying to push salespeople to thing more as inbound marketers and not spamming companies with mass emails. Therefore I am still ok if salespeople and marketing cannot mass mail companies. 

contentmatters

Providing this would give greater flexibility for sales and marketing - and make instant contact possible.