HubSpot Ideas

diamondglobal

Call companies not associated to contacts directly

It would be great if we could call a "company" out of the CRM when we don't have an official "contact" there.  

49 Replies
brookeharper

You might want to consider a 3rd party CTI connector for that. You can check out Tenfold. Some of its main features are click to dial, floating UI and call analytics to name a few. It's easy to set up too. You can check them out on the link below.

https://www.tenfold.com/integrations/

Betty87

It would be great being able to call directly from the company and not only from the contact or deal.

TaelerSwanson

It would be great to be able to call the company so the call records and then we can log the activity too with the call recording.

hroberts
HubSpot Product Team
julian-evolve

Hi @hroberts,

This change has not been delivered.

The change you've referenced was great, as it allows us to call 'contacts' from the company page. And, we can call the company number if the contact assinged to the company doesn't have a number.

But, if a company doesn't have a contact assinged to it, we're unable to call the phone number of that company through the CRM.

This is an especially fustrating issue when you're importing a cold calling list of companies, as you necessarily don't have a contact yet at those companies! It really does make this CRM annoyingly less functional for cold calling of that nature.

I'm assuming this is an ultra small fix. Seriously worth doing I think.

Julian

roisinkirby
HubSpot Product Team

Update

The ability to make calls from Company and Deal records in now live in the HubSpot CRM.

Why it matters?

If you’re a sales rep, you spend your day making calls, sending emails, and booking meetings. The more efficient you can be at those three things, the better you’ll be at your job. With that in mind, in the last few weeks, we added the ability to send emails from company and deal records. Today’s change makes reaching out to your contacts even easier: you can now make calls from company and deal records as well. Fewer clicks in the CRM means time saved means more sales. It’s that simple.

How it works?

Navigate to any company or deal in your HubSpot database. In the communicator at the top, you’ll now see the option to call a contact associated with that record.

Simply select the contact and click the call button. The call will be logged on any other records that contact is associated with.

Haven’t set up calling yet? It’s as easy as going outside on a 70-degree day in February. Here’s how to get started.

Who gets it?

All HubSpot CRM and Sales users (note: HubSpot Sales Free portals are limited to 15 minutes of calling per user per month).

hroberts
HubSpot Product Team

Thanks for clarifying that @julian-evolve! I'm opening this idea back up so we can explore that.

mmdeneen
Participant

To what Julian evolve addressed, we agree with him!!

It is nice to see you can call out of the company page now, but it still makes you select a contact.  Upon selection, there should be the option to select the main company line.  Because to Julian's point sometimes we don't have a contact yet at that company.  We often call the main line to then end up finding a contact. 

This should be a quick addition for the hubspot team to add.  We like our calls logged and we can't do that yet without the main line being a selection.

mmdeneen
Participant

When do you think this will be a new feature?

tabbs

This feature is critical to lead prospecting and costs valuable time in setting up dummy contacts as a workaround. 

Jonathancaroe

it would be nice if we could get a calling dialer menu, so if you don't know the contact at the company you can call it anyways.  

bwright

Agree with julian-evolve, mmdeneen, and tabbs! Need to be able to call companies that don't have a contact assigned. Today my hubspot support rep suggested that I create fake contact and then edit it after. ARE YOU KIDDING ME?! 

kmorgan

Ran into this frustration this week when uploading a list of new prospects for my BDM to qualify.  I HAVE to have this functionality to log his calls without a contact to track his work, otherwise it is a pretty useless CRM for prospecting for our company. 

brheath13

YES YES YES. As someone who has to make multiple calls to find out whose the right POC to be able to call a company w/o a person tied to it would be an immense help. We sales folk are call metric's and I hate to have to anwser my boss of why my calls are down...when essentially they're way up. 

Quincy

Bwright is correct here. We need the ability to call companies when we dont have a contact

drea1304

Yes, I also think this feature would be a HUGE value added workflow. 

Belwell

@bwright is spot on. As a manager of direct sales people, I feel this functionality would streamline their daily prospecting efforts tremendously.

wracing333

our staff as asked if it is possiable to be able to use the companies part of the app and go to Properties and clikc on the phone number to make the call to the business. 

we do know that there is conacts in the company, but its not normally the manin number like it is in  the company properties. 

MattF
Top Contributor

Is there any update on this capability? One of my reps brought it to my attention today since we are new to the CRM, but I never understood why there is no option to dial any number associated to the company itself, instead of just the contacts.

ShawnColbert

At my company, we would really appreciate if you could call companies from the company page--pulled from the "phone number" field. Exact same process as on the contact page, but on the company page. In order for us to do this now, we have to manually create a contact with the "phone number" from the company page. That kind of defeats the purpose of a CRM making you more efficient. We wrote an email to our support agent about this but we were directed to post that here. I'm not sure it will but hopefully this gets onto the right folks computer screens! Thank you.