HubSpot Ideas

DAhmed1

Call Recording Recent Change

The recent change for Call Recording isn't well thought out. Previously we had the option of choosing when we wished to record a call by pressing the red button as required. 

The most recent change doesn't suit all business models as it either will 

1. Record every single call and voicemail which makes our call recordings files very hard to navigate through and keep clean

2. If you don't select the Allow Call Recording Button then you can never choose to randomly cherry pick to record a call. 

There should be availaibilty to be able to cherry pick when you wish to record a call as needed as not every business model is the same. 

I would recommend going forward adding the option to manually select to call record on an individual contact if the Allow Call Recording Button is off. 

9 Replies
AAlberti3

Totally agree! Always recording is not the smartest option, specially if you want to be able to access good calls for training purposes. 

BSong
HubSpot Employee

Agree to this, currently the settings is convenient for companies who want to record all calls and turn it off for selected calls, which is the opposite of what other companies would want which is to not record all calls but be able to turn on recording for selected calls.

If we can have both options on the site that will benefit both sides!

DMiller70

I Agree, always recording is an obstruction of privacy, it would make more sense to have a tickbox next to record to specify if you would like to record or not.

Some people get really angry if they find their voice has been recorded without their permission too, every thing is meant to be private and confidential, so where is the privacy and confidentiality if everyone is being consistently recorded?

DSolar

I presumed this was a bug as it only started happening on our account today, and I've seen no communication that the default would change from 'Don't record' to 'Record'. All settings are the same. The record button is still there, however the call is recorded if the user clicks it or not. HubSpot is essential recording all calls without the permission of either party.

I've rasied a support ticket, but he seemed to have no idea how the calling worked.

AGatti7

This is super important! Especially in EMEA where our privacy law is super strict about call recordings, and we can only do it if we clearly mention that the call is being recorded,

NHutchinson
Participant

Also, only noticed this change today. It worked well before from a GDPR perspective as there was never a case of us recording an outbound call without one of the team knowingly doing so. 
Also highlighted how terribly bad the transcript tool is for people with a Yorkshire accent! 

CDouglas4

Haven't noticed the change as we haven't been recording historically but glad I came across this thread while looking into the use case for our business.

As above, we would not want to be recording every call, only cherry picking those calls that will have value from a training perspective. As with EMEA, Aus legislation is in breach if a call is recorded without the recipients consent so we won't be looking into this feature until this is fixed (if a bug) or altered. 

DSolar

It seems this was a bug that has now been rectified (within a day). Calls are again only recorded when requested by the user.

PSterkenburg
Contributor

+1 one from me for this!