HubSpot Ideas

adamgray926

Call Logging/Recording Mobile App

There are a few othe CRM's whose mobile applications will allow you to call through the mobile app and it records the call and gives you the option to log the call outcome and notes after you hang up. This would be a great feature to have available as a field rep I am not always able to call through my browser to save the audio into Hubspot. Also to be able to log incoming calls through the cell phone app based on recognized phone numbers for a given company or contact. 

37 Commentaires
adamgray926
Participant

Is there a way to log/record calls into the Mobile App like in the desktop version of CRM?

adamgray926
Participant

There are a few othe CRM's whose mobile applications will allow you to call through the mobile app and it records the call and gives you the option to log the call outcome and notes after you hang up. This would be a great feature to have available as a field rep I am not always able to call through my browser to save the audio into Hubspot. Also to be able to log incoming calls through the cell phone app based on recognized phone numbers for a given company or contact. 

SamCib
Membre

Not having the ability to record the call outcome directly from the app is frustrating when my sales team uses the app to make calls. Would love to streamline this so we aren't losing data while needing to transition into the desktop to log the outcome and interrupt the flow of calls.

jcagle
Participant

Should be able to save call outcomes along with call notes on the mobile app

watsontra
Membre

We need to be able to select a call outcome on the mobile app.

809CharlieTango
Participant

My team is usually on the road making phone calls while they are behind the wheel. Some of the states they operate in do not allow drivers to text and drive. Driving also hinders their ability to access the HubSpot app to use it like a complete office setup. We are missing important information where users don't update the phone calls they've made to the contact record while on the road becuase, making an attempt to log into HubSpot and search for the contact name while driving is very difficult . I was looking at Zapier and was wondering if their any functionality that anyone would be familiar with that we could use? I appreciate anyones feedback.

Thx

Statut mis à jour : Delivered
roisinkirby
Équipe de développement de HubSpot

Hey @809CharlieTango this functionality already exists. You can check out how to set this up in HubSpot here: 
Where can I find and listen to calls I've recorded with contacts?

1. Navigate in HubSpot Sales to Settings.

2. Select Sales Tools in the left sidebar.

3. Select the Calling tab at the top of the screen.

4. Here, you can toggle the switch for Default recording on to the Off position. As noted on this screen, recording is turned on for any contact who is not in one of the two-party consent states by default. Turn this setting off if you want to disable recording across an entire portal.

• With this option turned off, when a user goes to call a contact from a record in HubSpot, the option to record will not appear.

At this time, you cannot export or share any recorded calls from the HubSpot Sales product. If you have the resources, you may be able to work with a developer of your choice to use our CRM engagements API endpoint, where you may use the ‘recordingUrl’ object which is a link to the recorded call. More on the API endpoint can be found here: http://developers.hubspot.com/docs/crm-integration-guide/engagements

It is also important to take note of the call recording laws in your region: What are the call recording laws?

Let me know if you still have any follow up questions, concerns or feedback - happy to help!

Statut mis à jour : Idea Submitted
hroberts
Équipe de développement de HubSpot

Hi @adamgray926! Our mobile app does currently offer the recording feature so long as you choose VoIP for your Call Client in the app's settings. You can log call notes as well once the call is over. I'm going to update the description of this idea to specifically be about being able to select a Call Outcome for calls made from the mobile app!

Anonymous
Non applicable

It is my understanding that this functionality is desired for the mobile app - how are calls handled when calling from the app?

sellerdoer
Participant

I like these ideas. For me, it is less important to audio record the call than to document the call activity and outcome. If I receive an inbound call from a prospect, I'd like Hubspot to be able to record that as a contact activity type (inbound call) or if I make the call, outbound call. 

Then I can add the call outcome to the activity once it's created. 

This is going to be a great app, I can tell. 

Leah2
Participant

Is calling and call-logging now integrated into the desktop and/or mobile app? -

if so, there should be an automatic property for # of times called

if not, is this being worked? what's the turnaround ETA?

wadamchap
Membre

When making calls using the iPhone Mobile App, there are no options to choose "Call Outcome". It only offers "Done" and "Save". When the notes for a call are saved, they show up in the browser as "Call Outcome: None".

Judging from other posts in this forum, this functionality has been requested many times over at last the last year. 

When adding notes after making a call, the same options in the browser need to be available in the app: No Answer, Busy, Wrong Number, Left Live Message, Left Voicemail, Connected.

cmulcahey
Participant

I agree.  The "Call Outcome" needs to be added to the mobile UI right away.  Otherwise, we can't properly log our calls from the mobile app.

believe2achieve
Participant

Is there any update on being able to log calls from the mobile app? That is very imporant for my continued use of HubSpot. 

Please let me know when you have a chance, thanks. 

MarketingMax
Participant | Partenaire solutions Elite

Being able to log a call outcome from the mobile app is extremely important to us continuing to use HubSpot. Why wouldn't you keep the functionality inline with the browser? Please update ASAP.

atkaye
Participant

Not being able to log call outcome on a phone application might be one of the worst design/function misses out of Hubspot yet. It's hard to believe this wasn't developed in a bubble by people not actually calling or anyone actually looking at the value of calls. Not to put too fine of a point on it, but what's the point of a mobile app if it cannot do the same things the desktop/web app can? 

This feature is a deal breaker for my sales team. 

caseyscarlett
Membre

We're in the same boat with the mobile calling feature.  We are able to call from the app, however, when we call it logs the phone call under the contact and not the particular deal we are working with the customer on and specifically calling about.  Also, for some reason right now when we log a call it doesn't tell us who made that call.

lindsayalbright
Membre

This is very important for our business to be able to record calls placed from mobile

matt_southwest
Membre

You can overcome this by logging into Hubspot on your phone's web browser, but the interface is clunky.  I'd love to have it available through the app as well.

Membre

I would love to have the mobile app record calls instead of logging them.