HubSpot Ideas

NMcEvoy

Calendars disconnected and all times offered to user when password changed

Currently, when a user changes their password in an external calendar (google calendar in my team's case), they are required to reconnect their account.

Until they do this, anyone who visits their meeting link (or links to round-robin team links they are included in) will be given the opportunity to select any slot in the availability window (regardless of whether the time is free in a calendar).

If they select a time that is not free with another user in the round-robin or any in a personal link, they receive a generic message saying "we will let you know if this time is possible or suggest another" (paraphrasing). This creates a very bad user experience (and there is currently no way to notify the user or admin the account is not connected or exclude them when this happens).

Like with other scheduling tools linked to external calendars, it would be ideal if it remained connected to the actual calendar availability when the password is changed.

If this is not possible, it should be possible to:

• alert the user and account admin when this happens (a calendar is disconnected)
  • have the default as "no times available" when a calendar is disconnected, rather than "all times available"
1 Reply
derekcavaliero
Top Contributor | Diamond Partner

@NMcEvoy I have a large client dealing with this maddening behavior too.

Their MS Office 365 admin requires their employees to reset their password every ~180 days. This particular company uses HubSpot's meeting tool heavily (50+ meeting links - many of which are round robin meeting types). 

There is 0 reason (and I mean 0.00) that HubSpot should include a disconnected calendar into its round robin availability. I find the behavior of "requesting a meeting" and showing full availability less of an issue for individual meeting links, but it is simply unacceptable in a round-robin meeting type.

Our client has had multiple discussions with HubSpot's tech team about this - to which they more or less said, "there are no plans to change this behavior". 

To make matters even worse - the meeting link iframe will still emit a postMessage event indicating a meeting was booked successfully even if the date/time slot was routed to a disconnected calendar and the meeting was "requested via email" instead of "booked directly".

I had to build a custom monitoring system to detect when meeting links are including calendars with a disconnected status - something I shouldn't have to do with a software that costs tens of thousands of dollars a year.