HubSpot Ideas

robin_burkeman

Calculating ROI, CPL, cost per MQL's etc

Hi,

I am a true Hubspot fan but find it ludicrous that it does not take marketing and sales to the final mile - to be able to report and monitor on key marketing metrics. For example...How to measure the different KPI's I have in my funnel ie:

• CPL - Cost per lead
  • CPMQL - Cost per MQL
  • CPSQL - Cost per SQL
  • CPDEMO - Cost per Demo
  • CAC - Cost per Customer

This needs to be a feature. We need to be able to see this:

• Over time in absolute numbers
  • As % increases or decreases over time
  • etc, etc.

Without it we can not make the major marketing decisions. As marketers we need to compare all channels and their true performane over time in order to know how to optimize and allocate marketing budgets. It needs to allow us to upload marketing costs and then create these reports. 

HubSpot Updates
In Planning
March 20, 2024 03:29 AM

Idea Submitted
March 20, 2024 03:29 AM

Hi everyone, 

The development of those features (spec. ROI, lifecycle funnel reporting) has started a few weeks ago, and we're aiming for a release in Q2. 
I will update this post once any of these features will be officially available. 👍

With best regards,

Jenny Mueller

Campaigns Product Manager 

In Planning
August 24, 2023 02:27 AM

Being Reviewed
March 10, 2023 09:11 AM

Being Reviewed
March 09, 2023 03:58 AM

Hi everyone, 

My name is Jenny Mueller and I'm the Product Manager of Campaigns. Thanks for your feedback and comments! 

Improving our Campaign reporting capabilities is one of our top priorities, so we have started reviewing this request and would like to understand your Campaign reporting requirements further. 

Over the next week, our research team will be running research to understand more about your HubSpot Campaigns experience. 
The research will focus on 3 core areas:

• How are you currently reporting on marketing campaign performance?
  • What are your out-of-the-box reporting needs?
  • What are the current inconsistencies in marketing channel reporting in HubSpot?

Here's how this works: 

• We'll schedule a 60-minute call over the next week
  • We'll chat through a Zoom video link that our research team will send you 
  • All you need to do is have your computer ready and click the link to join 

If you're interested in participating, please fill out this short survey. If you match the criteria for a session, we’ll be in touch with further details.

Once you complete the research study, we’ll send you an e-gift card of your choice worth $100 USD through BHN rewards to thank you for your time and valuable feedback. Please note that by participating in this research study, you acknowledge and agree to HubSpot's User Research Participation Agreement

I am looking forward to your reply! 

Any other questions/ comments/ feedback, feel free to reach out anytime.

Best,

Jenny Mueller 

Idea Submitted
December 15, 2022 10:22 AM

Not Currently Planned
May 10, 2021 03:14 PM

In Planning
October 19, 2020 11:05 AM

41 Replies
Yupvoted
HubSpot Employee

This feature is really needed here, please look into this as users will need to have these metrics to show to their management teams. This will really be helpful in custom reports. 

ilaliash
Participant

Super fustrating that we don't have this. We would like to track trendline costs, and tredline conversion rates for everything. 

JMacAndrews7
Member | Diamond Partner

I don't have words to express how disappointing it is that this feature is not supported since these are extremely vital and foundational metrics that marketing and sales departments rely on. Our clients need to be able to report on the ROI of the in-person events they have attended, as well as all other sources of marketing and sales spending. When will this ability be added?

ArielDunn
Participant | Diamond Partner

Any updates on this critical feature?

Marcus-Robles

Make this happen hubspot we need this feature 

antonia_kraft
Contributor | Platinum Partner

+ 1 this is really needed!

Analeed

Two years since this post and this feature still hasn't been added - least of all to the Marketing Hub. Without this, we are relying on the tools from Google Ads and LinkedIn Campaign Manager, etc., with no higher use for the Marketing Hub. (Especially now that Google Analytics is not integrated.)

KWhelan
Contributor

It's been 2.5 years since the original post. Any update??

TKanellopoulo9

That's so true. It's funny that HS doesn't have this. 

dmastin
HubSpot Product Team

JLauer
Participant

This needs to happen. Calculation of CPL, CAC, and CLV are important metrics that should be native in HubSpot. Why can't the spend field in the Campaign screen be used for the calculation of these metrics?

squigglebit
Contributor

Any update on this?

JennyMueller
HubSpot Product Team

Hi everyone, 

My name is Jenny Mueller and I'm the Product Manager of Campaigns. Thanks for your feedback and comments! 

Improving our Campaign reporting capabilities is one of our top priorities, so we have started reviewing this request and would like to understand your Campaign reporting requirements further. 

Over the next week, our research team will be running research to understand more about your HubSpot Campaigns experience. 
The research will focus on 3 core areas:

• How are you currently reporting on marketing campaign performance?
  • What are your out-of-the-box reporting needs?
  • What are the current inconsistencies in marketing channel reporting in HubSpot?

Here's how this works: 

• We'll schedule a 60-minute call over the next week
  • We'll chat through a Zoom video link that our research team will send you 
  • All you need to do is have your computer ready and click the link to join 

If you're interested in participating, please fill out this short survey. If you match the criteria for a session, we’ll be in touch with further details.

Once you complete the research study, we’ll send you an e-gift card of your choice worth $100 USD through BHN rewards to thank you for your time and valuable feedback. Please note that by participating in this research study, you acknowledge and agree to HubSpot's User Research Participation Agreement

I am looking forward to your reply! 

Any other questions/ comments/ feedback, feel free to reach out anytime.

Best,

Jenny Mueller 

JennyMueller
HubSpot Product Team

MKazmierski

As a manager, that would be a valuable KPI if automated in the CRM for decision making, considering that we area already calculating those manually.

JennyMueller
HubSpot Product Team

Marlon2903

Hey @JennyMueller can you give an update on when to expect the feature? 🙂 since it is in planning.

ThaisCampbell
HubSpot Employee

+1

JennyMueller
HubSpot Product Team

Hi everyone, 

The development of those features (spec. ROI, lifecycle funnel reporting) has started a few weeks ago, and we're aiming for a release in Q2. 
I will update this post once any of these features will be officially available. 👍

With best regards,

Jenny Mueller

Campaigns Product Manager 

JennyMueller
HubSpot Product Team