HubSpot Ideas

egp19

Calculated properties for Products

Now that we can create custom properties for Products, can we enable calculated properties for Products? Without this basic feature, our products have quantitative properties that we have to manually calculate before adding to HubSpot. This creates room for error. 

HubSpotからのアップデート
August 30, 2022 10:53 AM

Hey folks - Ethan here, product manager for the Product Library. Apologies for the missed quarter of updates. I want to let you know that this feature is not on our roadmap for this quarter (Q3, 2022). We absolutely want to expand the customizability of the Product and Line Item objects but we're working on several other features this quarter and we needed to make some hard decisions about what to prioritize. 

As a sidenote, I'll be updating the top Ideas associated with Products and Line Items ~once per quarter going forward. I will include (1) whether or not a feature is on the roadmap for that quarter or not and (2) what our rollout plan for that feature is (e.g. will there be a beta or not). If you have feedback about additional information I could include in these updates, drop a note here. If I see a theme, I'll adjust my updates to address that.

I won't be doing this for every idea, but most ideas above 100 kudos will get this treatment. Previously, I had been trying to do it for ideas greater than 25 upvotes, but unfortunately the volume is too high to be practical.

April 06, 2022 08:59 AM

Hey folks - my name is Ethan and I'm the product manager for the Products and Line Items team. I just wanted to let you know that this feature is not on our roadmap for this quarter, but it is something we'd like to build. While it's not something we're working on this quarter, it's quite possible we will work on this this year. We're working on several other features (e.g. allowing you to add Line Items to Deals via Workflows, expanding the number of supported decimals in Product/Line Item properties) this quarter and we needed to make some hard decisions about what to prioritize.

As a sidenote, I'll be updating the top Ideas associated with Products and Line Items ~once per quarter going forward. I will include (1) whether or not a feature is on the roadmap for that quarter or not and (2) what our rollout plan for that feature is (e.g. will there be a beta or not). If you have feedback about additional information I could include in these updates, drop a note here. If I see a theme, I'll adjust my updates to address that.

I won't be doing this for every idea, but most ideas above 25 kudos will get this treatment. 

ステータスに更新: In Planning
January 14, 2022 11:38 AM

Hey folks - my name is Ethan and I'm the product manager for the Products and Line Items team. I just wanted to let you know that this feature is not on our roadmap for this quarter, but it is something we'd like to build. While it's not something we're working on this quarter, it's quite possible we will work on this this year. We're working on several other features (e.g. allowing you to add Line Items to Deals via Workflows, expanding the number of supported decimals in Product/Line Item properties) this quarter and we needed to make some hard decisions about what to prioritize.

I won't be doing this for every idea, but most ideas above 25 kudos will get this treatment. 

67件のコメント
CKnight2004
参加者

All of these ideas would be great. We need to be able to calculate and report on Gross and Net prices for line items.  Currently we're still using spreadsheets to track all of this, which is hard to justify given our spend on HubSpot. If this doesn't get resolved, we likely will need to look for an alternative CRM in the next couple of years.

LPedersen
メンバー

We need it too...

cjkappen
参加者 | Diamond Partner

I'm seconding this idea to the 100th degree. This would be incredibly helpful! 

DYogi
メンバー

@ethankopit Is it part of this quarter? I will echo above messages on how this should be basic functionality and not having this makes us question overall usability. We are pretty new to hubspot and undergoing onnboarding - seeing this doesn't build confidence in the product. 

ethankopit
HubSpot製品開発チーム

Hey folks - Ethan here, product manager for the Product Library. Apologies for the missed quarter of updates. I want to let you know that this feature is not on our roadmap for this quarter (Q3, 2022). We absolutely want to expand the customizability of the Product and Line Item objects but we're working on several other features this quarter and we needed to make some hard decisions about what to prioritize. 

I won't be doing this for every idea, but most ideas above 100 kudos will get this treatment. Previously, I had been trying to do it for ideas greater than 25 upvotes, but unfortunately the volume is too high to be practical.

Vincent_Causse
メンバー | Platinum Partner

Hello,

Hyper intéressé par cette fonctionnalité également !

Sean_Baker
メンバー

The lack of ability to create calculated fields for products is the main reason we do not use HubSpot for quoting. We love almost everything else about HubSpot, but upper management has started throwing around the idea of switching to another sales/CRM solution like Zoho because we can't take advantage of Sales Hub's full functionality (namely quotes and deals) and are still doing these the old-fashioned way (Excel).

We are a manufacturer, and every single product we sell is a one-off made to our customer's requirements, so every quote is made up of custom line items and has several columns, all of which add up to that line item's unit price. The table below is an example of a typical quote's layout and the calculations it uses.

Screen Shot 2022-12-14 at 9.15.15 PM.png

TobiasBojesen
参加者

We use Hubspot for quoting  and for revenue forecasting and backlog monitoring and it is soooo manual to get cleaned up in post, because the properties in the product lines are "offline". They are not reachable for automation (workflow) updates and calculations.

I would love to see this fixed bacause as is, this remains an entry level RevOps tool,  though the rest of the platform is so much better equipped.

Ellesyanna
投稿者 | Diamond Partner

Very much needed!

eshinDPS
参加者

Very much needed. Calculated fields with the support for basic formulas is a required feature for us. And has kept us back from using Hubspot Quotes. Is there an ETA? 

BLaRosa
投稿者

Essential feature that is stopping broad adoption of HubSpot.

Use cases:

• Calculating tax
  • Calculating sell price using margin %
  • Discounts for bundles
  • Discounts for quantities
  • Calculating sales commissions
PRaczka
参加者 | Diamond Partner

@ethankopit up - we collected almost 150 kudos so...

PRaczka_0-1678101122155.jpeg

🙂

JSonnemans
メンバー

With 146 votes and 2 quarters later, where is this now on the roadmap or has it already been released?

SKolka
メンバー

This is an essential feature for us; we have automatic % increases baked into contracts that are now being manually calculated and added to each line item's price. Would be a game changer to be able to calculate this *in* Hubspot. 

DFuller
メンバー

Yes, given the fact that we don't even have product/line item workflows, calculated properties are the absolute minimum of what we SHOULD have. It says this is in planning, any updates @ethankopit? Looks like there hasn't been any updates in over 2 quarters though you said there would be...

RSperlling
メンバー

It is a very improtant feature for my oppinion.   When will it be planned?

RLeo
投稿者 | Diamond Partner

Please! We need to calculate price using a custom % margin for each product, at the moment is impossible.

AThompson1
参加者

@ethankopit is there any updates on where this is at in the 'planning' stage?  This is a very important featured needed by several of our HubSpot clients.

MGalvisLatam
メンバー

¿Hay alguna novedad sobre esta ídea? necesitamos integrar campos calculados en productos y Line item.

Roeland_RS
参加者

Product line items are missing basic functionalities it's scary it's part of Hubspot (top 2 CRM)... 

- Can't use formula calculations in the fields, ie, unit price field, enter 20*2 and it becomes 40. 

- No calculation property for product

- When you change billing frequency from annual to monthly it doesn't automatically change the unit price (ie. divide by 12)

All of this combined make using line items extremely inflexible and cumbersome for sales people.