HubSpot Ideas

hnajzrova

Calculated Properties in Deals

We would like to be able to calculate a new DATE variable. We NEED to add a certain number of days to the existing DATE variable to calculate the new DATE variable; however, since DATE in HubSpot is not a numeric value, we are NOT able to calculate the NEW, Expiration DATE. Would be great if we have excel's capability to work w/ DATE values in HubSpot. Thank you!

12件のコメント
vbrech
HubSpot Employee

I strongly second this suggestion.

While "calculated" deal properties now exist, they do not let you operate on properties of type date or datetime. That is a pity.

I understand that the calculated property type "custom equation" would have to have its interface customized a bit to work well with date properties, the types "Max", "Min", for example, would literally require zero UI changes whatsoever. Extrema of a set of dates/datetimes always exist, are always unique, and internally these are integers anyway so there is really not much to change here.

Example use case: a customer wants to create a custom deal property with the timestamp of the most recent meeting any associated contact has booked.

There is a contact property "last meeting booked" that contains this information, but copying it over via workflow not currently possible and unwieldy even if it were. But a calculated deal property of type "Max" of associated contacts' "last meeting booked" property would be an elegant and beautiful solution.

Crezzas
メンバー

I agree. This would be a very powerful addition to calculated properties.  For example, we would like to perform a calculation to determine the rate at which Hubspot Scores change in response to certain marketing actitivities. To do this we need to perform some simple calculations on a date field.

Herschel
トップ投稿者

I would also like to see this functionality for ticket properties. The "Time to close" property does not accurately reflect how much working time someone actually spent resolving the ticket. I have created a custom date property to be marked when the ticket is moved from the initial stage into an in-progress stage and would like the ability to calculate the time worked based on this custom field similar to how the Time to close property currently function.

RodrigoAddor
参加者

Strongly agree! 

In my case, I have to know the average time between SPIN and Meeting and I don't know how to figure out that situation.

The only option would be subtract on timestamp from the other.

Anyone know's another way?

Thanks

Herschel
トップ投稿者

Following up on this to add a link to an idea post related to current deficiencies in the time to first agent reply default ticket property: https://community.hubspot.com/t5/HubSpot-Ideas/Reporting-on-Time-to-First-Agent-Reply-via-Call/idi-p...

If date fields were available as variables in custom calculation properties as requested here, this could potentially enable a work around to the lack of Hubspot providing a default time to first agent reply via phone call property.

SarahCame
参加者

Date fields should absolutely be availible in custom calculation fields, please!

Rklinghoffer
参加者

Agreed. This would be super helpful!

gcampbell2
メンバー

Agreed

agcook
参加者

Completely agreed. We have a field for "Engagement Start Date" that our sales team populates based on when the deal is expected to close. What happens is that the Close Date will push out but our Sales team forgets to update the "Engagement Start date" which in turn provides misinformation to my Resource Management team who tries to be proactive with our resource needs for a project... so, ideally, we should be able to make the date a calculated field that when the close date changes, it automatically updates the "Engagement Start Date" as well (we know we have a 3-4 week resourcing window). Hope that made sense... too much manual intervention needed to keep data clean. In this day and age, this becomes a big turn off. I am already working with my product team to develp our own CRM tool directly on a platform like Servicenow as I am tired of the lack of automation the current set of tools out there provide. HubSpot is one of the better experiences but lacks terribly in the automation department... 

jamescooke
参加者

Agree - my scenario, I have a date field which is for a particular action a customer did in our SaaS product and i want to calculate the number of "days" since that date, so my CSMs can quickly see how long ago that was without having to work it out.

rwong
HubSpot Employee

Upvoting this on behalf of a customer! Would be nifty if calculated properties cover date properties as well. 

Use case: calculating a deal end date based on the start date of a deal + trial duration (in days)

PhilZ87
参加者

I second this idea also. We also would need a new property which is would be calculated on the date as soon as Deal moves in to a certain stage