HubSpot Ideas

mikee

Calculated Fields Rounding (Allow calculated properties to display a whole number)

The current behavior for calculated properties is to round to two (or more) decimal places. It would be helpful to instead allow results to be rounded to the nearest whole number (an integer) – instead of two decimal places. Even better would be to either round or adjust decimal places up or down like in Excel.

This would allow more flexibility when presenting data as a Report in a Dashboard. Usually in a chart or other visualization showing accuracy down to .01 is unnecessary.

Stated differently, please add the ability to adjust calculated properties to either display a whole number or precisely specify the number of decimal places.

HubSpot Updates
Being Reviewed
June 01, 2022 01:11 PM

Hi folks,

I’m Shay, the Product Manager for HubSpot’s Properties.

Thank you all for taking the time to submit, upvote, and comment on this Idea. I'm happy to report that we have reviewed this idea and currently researching how our team will implement it!  

The product development process is always filled with unexpected bumps and hurdles, so I can't give a timeline, but I am confident in saying we'll deliver this feature as soon as possible.

All updates will be relayed on this thread, so stay tuned!

Best,

Shay

Being Reviewed
December 02, 2020 10:13 AM

Hi all, I'm Jeff from the HubSpot product team.

Thanks for this feedback. Improving calculation property functionality is under consideration for upcoming roadmap. No definite timetable or changes yet, but please keep the upvotes and use cases coming. It helps with designing a solution and prioritizing.

Thanks!

jeff

70 Replies
JL29

This functionality is definitely needed! Reports look ridiculous and are hard to read with the decimals.

AKumar
Participant

definitely needed feature. 

LCorriero

Can't believe this has been asked for since 2019 and not implemented. We used PandaDoc and Hubspot Tokens to fill in customer quotes and calculate tax, etc. It looks terrible seeing 4 decimal places. Equation option for custom fields needs to be able to select a format option - currency, decimal (places), integer, etc. 

Please Hubspot this is important for so many people.

Kjell-Ingvar

Great idea! I have a calculated number field wich gives me this result 26,085.6667 - does not look good

JusinP
Participant

also needed here! 

JTerrill9

Half baked!

No number formatting, do we need another app to fix the app that should just work?

MS Excel had it in 1985

Not good enough HS!

Deflow
Participant

Here is a work around that helped our company with the same issue, hopefully it will be useful for someone else too. (Ignore the names, this was just a functionality test).

Calculated Value = 

Deflow_1-1625455625905.png

Number Value = 

Deflow_2-1625455664023.png

1. Essentially you need a workflow that copies one property (the calculated one) to another property (number value): Deflow_3-1625455753316.png
  2. The property value should be currency or formatted in order to achieve this effect of only 2 decimal places.Deflow_4-1625455873317.png

Note this is just a temporary solution until Hubspot continues to develop its user funcationality.

Hope that helps,

Sam

tcxen
Contributor | Platinum Partner

Much needed. Would love to round up on calculated properties.

glaurain
Contributor

Any updates from the product team since this was "under consideration" in Dec. 2020? 

Thanks, Gerard

MarijnAIHR
Participant

@RGonnu This works (worked) great. It seems that Hubspot added two decimals to their calculation somewhere June/July so now it needs to be 1,000,000 instead of 10,000

Definitely a required feature!

FYI, I found a workaround to cast as an integer: you can divide by 10000 and multiply by 10000.

Probably not solving all use cases but worked for mine.

Rémi

SKripp
Participant

Please Implement! 

KevinPalonés
Participant

This functionality is needed for my business. It would be cool to have it 🙂 

Arden

I have a similar issue with calculated ranges. 
I'm using a calculated range to work out the age of contacts (time between their birthday and today's date), but it rounds to the nearest year. 
So someone that is e.g. 23 years and 7 months old will be displayed as 24 years old.

Some sort of ability to specify how (or if) a calculated range is rounded would be a game-changer. it's much less useful as is.

I'd love to hear if someone was figured out a work around for calculating a contact's age. anything I've found so far doesn't quite work.

PattyB

Add this!

wspringston

We also need this. It would also help if I could set a unit in the calculated field. My instance will only show me a number, rather than showing a dollar amount. 

W

saraspangler

Definitely would love to see the ability to round to a whole number for all currency fields! You almost never need to know the amount down to cents when viewing a pipeline or repot. Any update on this feature coming HubSpot?

mkl-wkohg

Hi HS,

we also need this for informing affiliatepartners about their commision via automated mails

1. Rounding a Calclutated Numbers (to full numers or to 2 Digits after .)

2. International Formating - we are using EUR - so 1.234,45 EUR

Thank you - Go for it!

kkarner
Participant | Diamond Partner

This would be very helpful. Converting a time between calculated property into weeks and the resulting calculation is 6 decimals long. Would like it to just round to the closest integer. Thanks!

TBrown79

Defintely needed. Please make this happen HubSpot

martint

Much needed indeed!