HubSpot Ideas

alguil

Calculate average response time

Maybe this is out of the scope but I believe that there is no possibility to calculate an average response time on a conversation, specifically when they are several emails exchanges within a same conversation.

Example : 

1st May 2021, 10AM : first client email

1st May 2021, 12PM : first agent response

2nd May 2021,11AM : first client response 

2nd May 2021, 5PM : first client response 

There is a possibility to calculate the first agent response time (2h), the overall response time (31h) but there is no conversation property enabling to calculate the response time to the last client email, which would be in this case : 
(2h hours + 6hours) /2 = 8 hours

image (78).png

3 Replies
BarryRadford

Asked the same thing of support and was pointed here to vote and comment.

We have SLAs of average response time and also max time to first response. I went over these with the sales and onboarding team and got the yeah we can do that... only to arrive to find you can't do an overall average response time. 

We could reply to a customer in 30 minutes and they take 5 days to get back to us which pushes time to close up.

We need to report on what we can control to understand our true performance. We cannot control how long we're waiting for the customer to follow up so we need to produce metrics that show just how long they were waiting for us and essentially stop the clock while we wait for them.

TonyCC
Participant

100% Agreed with the previous posters and a similar use-case for us. Including that which we cannot control makes the metrics useless for a quality control standpoint -- from a management and reporting standpoint. 

I'm actually trying to understand a situation where the overall average response time is useful... Client response time could tell you how accessible your support is, how attentive your customer is, or how time-sensitive customer issues are. Agent response time tells you how quickly your team is connecting and reconnecting with clients, and how accessible or complete your internal resources are.  Does conflating the two together tell you anythingat all?

ŁKaczmarek

Asked the same thing of support and was pointed here to vote and comment. 100% Agreed with the previous posters